Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leeds (A) 0-4


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I would think that being forced out against your will would ensure that kind of result. I'd also say it was quite telling but I think (not entirely sure) Bamford celebrated scoring against Derby for us. I think he's put himself all in at Leeds, he wants to be part of their culture and give their fans his all and fair play to him, tbh.

Certainly explains why he's so readily adopted cheating.

The Leeds way.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"we haven't got an on loan player in, so that says it all really" I wonder who's fault that was.  "We've lost a lot of players over the summer and replaced them with the three younger player

For me, I've watched us play a fair few games this year and theres been a sprinkling of us looking good. It's not constant and it's in flashes.  However, what worries me the most is that we just

I still can't believe he chose to appoint a total rookie like Woodgate, KNOWING the club doesn't have the funds to invest heavily in the squad. You can get by with average / poor or just inexperi

I do have to give the guys on bbc tees a special mention. Listening to the pre match build up and them saying, "in the championship you never know and anyone can beat anyone in this league"

Lads, we beat Barnsley 1-0 with a flukey goal. They even hit the bar and we had..wait for it...31% possession. 

At least keep the ball if nothings on. Retry and recycle again. The amount if times we lost the ball yesterday when pressed was a joke. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Certainly explains why he's so readily adopted cheating.

The Leeds way.

Well, cheat or not, I just see it as another example of a former Boro player, who was average or poor for us, doing well at another team.

Does make you wonder, given the number of managers & coaching staff we've been through in the last 10 years or so, why we seem to struggle to get many players to perform consistently well.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I do have to give the guys on bbc tees a special mention. Listening to the pre match build up and them saying, "in the championship you never know and anyone can beat anyone in this league"

Lads, we beat Barnsley 1-0 with a flukey goal. They even hit the bar and we had..wait for it...31% possession. 

At least keep the ball if nothings on. Retry and recycle again. The amount if times we lost the ball yesterday when pressed was a joke. 

Yeah the BBC Tees and Gazette crew take optimism to another level. It would be great if any of them actually believed it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What even is the next step for this club

Gibbo's the man to blame imo but mainly for what seems to be stubbornness, we badly need a DoF with a sound footballing head on his shoulders to tell Gibbo what to do 

Woody's obviously out of his depth and it's not entirely his fault tbh but I can't see us staying up with the current squad/staff but what manager can we even afford and more importantly would want to come?

The recruitment staff have got to go I'm sick of all the 'nearly' deals and this local talent mentality we've got just has to end too, we'll never be anywhere near as successful as in the past if we're only hiring staff born in Boro and restricting our scouts to England 

If someone offered me 21st and the season to be over now I'd snap their hand off, this summer the most important in recent times a huge rebuild is needed or there's only one direction this club's going, there's too much deadwood just picking up paychecks that clearly don't care anymore and the sooner they can be shipped out the better. We've got some good young players to build the squad around and with some decent recruitment we could have an exciting youthful squad but again needs to be a change in recruitment staff for this to happen and manager too to persuade the players to even sign for us. 

Karanka, Stendel, Nathan Jones, Chris Hughton, Nigel Adkins are all available, semi-realistic and a considerable upgrade on Woody 

GK - Pears - Mejias

DEF -  Dijksteel - Fry - Ayala - Wood - Coulson - Bola 

MID - McNair - Wing - Tav - Browne - Malley 

ATT - Fletcher - Walker 

 

Outs

Randolph - Money

Britt - Love Britt but money 

Shotton - Get rid 

Friend - Body's done 

Clayton - Heart not in it anymore

Howson - Money/Too similar to McNair but less potential imo

Gestede - Get rid 

Saville - Not good enough

Marv - Not good enough 

Need

Experienced Keeper - Rob Elliot? (Free Agent in the Summer) 

Right Back

Centre Back

Powerhouse CDM - Mpanzu from Luton? Impressed me when we played them 

Number 8/10 

2 Wide players minimum - Broken record 

Striker

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

What even is the next step for this club

Gibbo's the man to blame imo but mainly for what seems to be stubbornness, we badly need a DoF with a sound footballing head on his shoulders to tell Gibbo what to do 

Woody's obviously out of his depth and it's not entirely his fault tbh but I can't see us staying up with the current squad/staff but what manager can we even afford and more importantly would want to come?

The recruitment staff have got to go I'm sick of all the 'nearly' deals and this local talent mentality we've got just has to end too, we'll never be anywhere near as successful as in the past if we're only hiring staff born in Boro and restricting our scouts to England 

If someone offered me 21st and the season to be over now I'd snap their hand off, this summer the most important in recent times a huge rebuild is needed or there's only one direction this club's going, there's too much deadwood just picking up paychecks that clearly don't care anymore and the sooner they can be shipped out the better. We've got some good young players to build the squad around and with some decent recruitment we could have an exciting youthful squad but again needs to be a change in recruitment staff for this to happen and manager too to persuade the players to even sign for us. 

Karanka, Stendel, Nathan Jones, Chris Hughton, Nigel Adkins are all available, semi-realistic and a considerable upgrade on Woody 

GK - Pears - Mejias

DEF -  Dijksteel - Fry - Ayala - Wood - Coulson - Bola 

MID - McNair - Wing - Tav - Browne - Malley 

ATT - Fletcher - Walker 

 

Outs

Randolph - Money

Britt - Love Britt but money 

Shotton - Get rid 

Friend - Body's done 

Clayton - Heart not in it anymore

Howson - Money/Too similar to McNair but less potential imo

Gestede - Get rid 

Saville - Not good enough

Marv - Not good enough 

Need

Experienced Keeper - Rob Elliot? (Free Agent in the Summer) 

Right Back

Centre Back

Powerhouse CDM - Mpanzu from Luton? Impressed me when we played them 

Number 8/10 

2 Wide players minimum - Broken record 

Striker

 

 

Can't disagree with any of that. However we'll struggle to move on Saville and to keep Ayala. We need some experience bringing in on the pitch and off if relegation this season is avoided, otherwise it will be constant struggle until there finally aren't three worse teams than us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I wouldn’t be totally against selling Randolph and using pears, yes he’s a bit shakey in occasions but he’s young and hasn’t really looked out of his depth.

That said if we want a cheap keeper to replace Randolph maybe we could look at the Barnsley keeper. He dealt with a lot really well the other night in difficult conditions. I’ve never seen him other than that one game like so he could be awful haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Well, cheat or not, I just see it as another example of a former Boro player, who was average or poor for us, doing well at another team.

Does make you wonder, given the number of managers & coaching staff we've been through in the last 10 years or so, why we seem to struggle to get many players to perform consistently well.

 

To be fair Bamford has not done well at any other club he's been at. I wouldn't say he was poor at Boro either but it always looked like there was an "attitude" which rubbed his coaches up the wrong way

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

They're still not a great team though according to some of our more knowledgeable posters. 

They aren't.  Beating us means nothing.  Sheff Wed beat us 4-1 at our place and they aren't a great side either.  Leeds have an almost identical record to the one we had when we went up and we weren't a great side when we got promoted (I know, sacrilege!).  West Brom are a point behind them with a game in hand and I don't think they are a great side as well.  Being the best team in the division, if indeed they are, doesn't make you a great team by default.  There are teams who have been promoted over the last few years who would were better sides than these in my opinion.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:
8 hours ago, Downsouth said:

All the Bamford chat about hi not wanting to leave I think we can now dismiss, certainly he celebrated his goal well and did not mute it whatsoever as is the usual case when you score against an old team

That's because Patrick Bamford is a ***.

Possibly but then again, if you felt you'd been hard done by at a football club then why wouldn't you celebrate a goal against them?  I would, I'd bloody love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see why Bamford is getting the blame for us being s##t. First of all we didn’t exactly support him when he was with us. Second he was one of my favourite player. Third twice a season players change clubs, they celebrate . Forth it’s job nothing more. I could understand it if a player had spent biggest part of his career at a club in his home town. 

Troubles have been prevalent at our club for years and slowly but surely they have dragged us down while others with less resources have consistently improved. Our problems are our own making and we must find away out of them. 

Edited by sanddancer
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

They aren't.  Beating us means nothing.  Sheff Wed beat us 4-1 at our place and they aren't a great side either.  Leeds have an almost identical record to the one we had when we went up and we weren't a great side when we got promoted (I know, sacrilege!).  West Brom are a point behind them with a game in hand and I don't think they are a great side as well.  Being the best team in the division, if indeed they are, doesn't make you a great team by default.  There are teams who have been promoted over the last few years who would were better sides than these in my opinion.

Wolves for one, though I guess that's pretty much a given considering the players they had in that team. Newcastle and Norwich are up there too.

It's worth saying I think that Bielsa is getting a lot out of what he's got. Maybe not for large portions of the game against us but players like Cooper, Alioski, Ayling, Harrison, Phillips... including Roofe from last year too, I don't think you'd see the same from those players from any other manager in this division. Players who showed natural quality against us, Casilla, Costa and I guess Bamford. Even Klich with his two goals didn't have an all round great game IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...