Ayala
Friend

Clayton
Leadbitter

Traore
Adomah

Gaston
Bamford

Honorable mentions to Stuani and Robson, who were both great for us as well as Cyrus Christie just because I really liked him.

Seeing as the club themselves have opened a poll on it, I'll give my 11.

Randolph

Friend

Ayala

Gibson

Nsue

Leadbitter

Robson

Traore

Adomah

Ramirez

Bamford

Would give my left nut for that team now. I'm going off performances whilst here in the last decade, nothing else, so I'm not including players based on how good they were elsewhere in their career.

Dimi

Adomah

Rhys Williams

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Leadbitter

Robson

Bamford

Stuani

If I were picking best ability players then Ramirez/De Roon/Valdes would go in I went for the more consistent contributors to us over the decade our attacking candidates were so limited I made an arguable case in my head to put Manu Ledesma in, christ.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Seeing as the club themselves have opened a poll on it, I'll give my 11.

Randolph

Friend

Ayala

Gibson

Nsue

Leadbitter

Robson

Traore

Adomah

Ramirez

Bamford

Would give my left nut for that team now. I'm going off performances whilst here in the last decade, nothing else, so I'm not including players based on how good they were elsewhere in their career.

That was the exact team I picked! If I had to pick again I’d probably put Negredo in over Bamford but the rest would stay the same.

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Was Nsue actually good...? I have a lot of great memories from that season but can't remember too many standout performances from him. Or is he just the only half-competent right back we've had in the last decade?

https://makeagif.com/i/Bo4yX1

Seriously though, I always liked him and was gutted when he got dropped for Barragan.

Considering he wasn't actually a right back, I thought he did well playing there.

He didn't last long at Birmingham after us though.

Edited by TeaCider24
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

https://makeagif.com/i/Bo4yX1

Seriously though, I always liked him and was gutted when he got dropped for Barragan.

Considering he wasn't actually a right back, I thought he did well playing there.

He didn't last long at Birmingham after us though.

How have I not seen that 😂😂  Gets team of the decade for that skill alone!

I wonder if anyone made a compilation of Barragan's foul throws... 

Edited by SouthernSmoggie

Great OP!

Keeper: Much as I loved Dimi's heroics in the promotion season, Randolph is the best keeper we've had since Arnie.

LB: George. Best £100,000 the club ever spent.

CB: Ben Gibson and (even though I give him plenty of grief on here) Ayala made a formidable partnership.

RB: Nsue.

Midfield: I loved Leadbitter in his pomp as a CDM, Traore was scintillating on his day and Adomah was always reliable for a good cross. Also liked Barry Robson, proof that not all Scottish players are s**t even though it felt like it under Strachan.

ACM: Gaston has to be in any squad of the decade. His goal against Bournemouth is my favourite Boro goal of all time. If he'd worn a chastity belt, I doubt we'd have been relegated that season.

Striker: Can I be controversial and say Kike? Limited player, I know, but my God he tried, and his face when he equalised against Man City was probably the second most joyous moment of the decade (behind the final whistle at Brighton, obvs).

Kike was one of those signings that felt like something we ultimately got right. He fit what we wanted to do, he wasn't an out and out goalscorer and you wouldn't bet on him to score in any game, really. He scored enough and I think particularly when you look back at the Brighton away game in the promotion season, we saw aspects of what made him a very special player in this division. I couldn't put him in ahead of Bamford, Negredo or Stuani even but I think anyone could be justified for putting him in a team of the decade.

Gk - Randolph

RB - Fredericks

CB - Ayala/Gibson

LB - Friend

CDM - Leadbitter/Robson

RW - Traore

LW - Adomah

CAM - Gaston

CF - Bamford

Didn't include the premier league season same as CT.