oneBoro Forum

FA Cup 3rd round draw Spurs Home

57 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well you must be pleased Joe a real chance for Boro to become a giant killer, I know it only applies to others but you never know.

One thing is for certain I will be there also because Teddy wants to see the likes of Harry Kane et al

I’m made up Alan. It will be great to get to see the many great players from Spurs. We will have to meet up for a beer seeing as we will both be there. Any other members fancy a meet up for this one?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They could send up their ladies team and get through

Subsequent events would suggest he had a point.

It's for mental health awareness - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/02/fa-cup-third-round-delayed-minute-mental-health-awareness 

Posted Images

Morning

Spurs fan.

Quite pleased with the draw. A team we haven't played for a while and what i think of as a 'proper' side along with good away day. 

Mourihno will put out a stong team i think as he wants to get the 'no trophy' monkey off our backs early in his tunure. I will make the trip up there dependent on date & time as the trains are messed up and it is a 600 mile round trip for me in the car! We have a soft spot for Woodgate as he scored the winning goal for the only trophy we have won in 20 years.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season & hope you stay up.  See you soon.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Do you think Spurs will play a full strength side? Might be worth having a good think before committing to spending lots of money!

Mourinho is known for taking the cups seriously, and will be desperate to win silverware quickly.

He played a strong side against Derby in the League Cup last year, same against Burton and Yeovil the year before.

If Kane's not injured, I think he'll start but will definitely at least be on the bench.

FA Cup tends to be a bit different too given it falls on a regular match-day, some sides like Liverpool might field weakened 11s based on their priorities. But yeah, Spurs you'd expect to put out a stronger 11 given it's the only thing Spurs could realistically win this season.

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

FA Cup tends to be a bit different too given it falls on a regular match-day, some sides like Liverpool might field weakened 11s based on their priorities. But yeah, Spurs you'd expect to put out a stronger 11 given it's the only thing Spurs could realistically win this season.

Could have won @wilsoncgp....... Not anymore........ They're going out in the 3rd Round to the Mighty Boro 😂

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Christ on a bendy bus, Spurs will annihilate our defence. And it'll be on telly in all probability.

Well Jose will play the kids, since he only takes the PL and Champions League seriously.

But yeah, even so, it won't be pretty...

On the BBC Football website, kick-off for our match (and every other game on Sat Jan 4th) is listed as 3.01pm. Is this a typo that someone's CTRL-V'd right down the fixtures, or is there a minute's silence or something happening that day?

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

On the BBC Football website, kick-off for our match (and every other game on Sat Jan 4th) is listed as 3.01pm. Is this a typo that someone's CTRL-V'd right down the fixtures, or is there a minute's silence or something happening that day?

It's for mental health awareness - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/02/fa-cup-third-round-delayed-minute-mental-health-awareness 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At least we won't have to suffer the demoralising effects of being knocked out against a lower league team. It's a free game that we will likely lose comfortably and noone will even shrug their shoulders.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Borodane said:

At least we won't have to suffer the demoralising effects of being knocked out against a lower league team. It's a free game that we will likely lose comfortably and noone will even shrug their shoulders.

Sounds quite similar to what people were saying going into the Leeds game and it didn't quite pan out in the aftermath like that. 😂

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sounds quite similar to what people were saying going into the Leeds game and it didn't quite pan out in the aftermath like that. 😂

I wasn't saying it.  I thought we could get a point 🥴

I know we'd probably lose to Hartlepool at the moment if we drew them in the FAC, but a thrashing by a PL side isn't going to do the team's confidence any good, or encourage potential signings to come here.

I don't regard this game as a free hit - in many respects, it'll just highlight how far we've fallen in three short years. 

• Like 1
On 12/3/2019 at 5:25 AM, boro-unger said:

Last time we played Tottenham at home we subbed Adama on and he scared the daylights out of them. Pushed their whole team back. If only we still had him, or at least a little pace!

Knowing Boro though, we'll probably win this

I've been thinking the same,It would be typical Boro,Wing with a screamer top corner,then defend for 98 mins