oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock rumours

Warnock's political leanings don't determine whether he'd be a good manager or not but his comments on Brexit made him sound thick as pig ***. There's no getting away from that. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking fo

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 leag

Name me a Pulis performance as good as this.   Or this      Or this    Or this   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Warnock's political leanings don't determine whether he'd be a good manager or not but his comments on Brexit made him sound thick as pig ***. There's no getting away from that. 

Does it really matter, though? It's his personal opinion, which he shouldn't have espoused but he's still entitled to hold. 

If Woodgate had declared himself to be an ardent Remainer, it wouldn't change the fact he's been crap as a manager, and I wouldn't have warmed to him any more than I have (which is not at all).

Even if Warnock does sound ignorant on matters of freedom of movement, I wouldn't ever call him thick as pig s**t. He's one of the most experienced and savvy managers in the country! I don't like him, but I can't doubt his aptitude or ability. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Does it really matter, though? It's his personal opinion, which he shouldn't have espoused but he's still entitled to hold. 

If Woodgate had declared himself to be an ardent Remainer, it wouldn't change the fact he's been crap as a manager, and I wouldn't have warmed to him any more than I have (which is not at all).

Even if Warnock does sound ignorant on matters of freedom of movement, I wouldn't ever call him thick as pig s**t. He's one of the most experienced and savvy managers in the country! I don't like him, but I can't doubt his aptitude or ability. 

You can be an expert in your field but still come across as pig ignorant trying to talk about something in which you are clearly not well versed in. 

That's what we have here it's nothing to do with whether he's a remainer or leaver. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Duvel said:

You can be an expert in your field but still come across as pig ignorant trying to talk about something in which you are clearly not well versed in. 

That's what we have here it's nothing to do with whether he's a remainer or leaver. 

But its still irrelevant when it comes to his capability as a football manager.

And to be fair not many people are well informed when it comes to Brexit...and worryingly that includes a lot of people in Westminster.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

But its still irrelevant when it comes to his capability as a football manager.

And to be fair not many people are well informed when it comes to Brexit...and worryingly that includes a lot of people in Westminster.

I said in my first post his political stance doesn't determine his ability as a manager. I can't have been much clearer than that. 

43 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I said in my first post his political stance doesn't determine his ability as a manager. I can't have been much clearer than that. 

You could have tried this:

HIS POLITICAL STANCE DOESN'T DETERMINE HIS ABILITY AS A MANAGER

• Haha 3

Reading the echo story on this just set alarm bells off they source it from a Boro 'chief' who wants to stick by Woodgate but at no point is there a denial about talks with Warnock they even mention Warnock and Gibson's close relationship (?) it's meant to read as a confidence note I read it as Woodgate's final warning.

I'd rather Nigel Pearson as is well documented on here over the past 3 years he's a kick up the backside type and doesn't play full on shithouse football if we go with Gibson's pal Warnock I don't see how it works he'll bin half the team bring in a lump maybe finally sign some wingers he'd keep us up but Glenn Roeder would keep us up got to breathe some life into things. I'm not set against Warnock especially for the rest of the season I'm just not sure him and Gibson getting their heads together over transfers would work he had alot of flops at Cardiff we're god awful signing British players especially and he paid over 4 mill for an Oxford winger and a Rotherham CDM... 

37 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

I wouldnt want Neil Warnock anywhere near this club in a DoF or Manager role. This is from knowledge of a player who used to play for him who shared a number of stories. 

Anything like Woodgates antics or?

Why does it have to be the same names over and over that we get linked with? 

Nigel Pearson is a head case, Warnock is in his 70s and he's from the same mould as Pulis. 

Why can't we look for another Karanka type appointment, it's the only one we've got right since McClaren but there seems to be a resistance to anything foreign. 

With limited resources we should be trying to open doors overseas not close them. 

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere but Alan Brazil said on TalkSport this morning he heard Woodgate was on his way out. Interesting baring in mind he’s very good pals with Neil Warnock. 

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Why can't we look for another Karanka type appointment, it's the only one we've got right since McClaren but there seems to be a resistance to anything foreign. 

With limited resources we should be trying to open doors overseas not close them. 

Brexit means Brexit 🖕

27 minutes ago, CWC said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere but Alan Brazil said on TalkSport this morning he heard Woodgate was on his way out. Interesting baring in mind he’s very good pals with Neil Warnock. 

it's also being reported in the Mail and on SportsMole. Probably all originated from one source, but it's not just a Sun journalist flying kites any more. 

I think we have to accept our manager in January will either be Woody or Warnock. But which one's worst least bad less likely to get us relegated the best option?

• Like 1