oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock rumours

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Why does it have to be the same names over and over that we get linked with? 

Nigel Pearson is a head case, Warnock is in his 70s and he's from the same mould as Pulis. 

Why can't we look for another Karanka type appointment, it's the only one we've got right since McClaren but there seems to be a resistance to anything foreign. 

With limited resources we should be trying to open doors overseas not close them. 

Because of Steve Gibson

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking fo

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 leag

Name me a Pulis performance as good as this.   Or this      Or this    Or this   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CWC said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere but Alan Brazil said on TalkSport this morning he heard Woodgate was on his way out. Interesting baring in mind he’s very good pals with Neil Warnock. 

Didn't also mention on his show that Pulis was leaving and Woody was getting the job before it was announced too?

12 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Interesting

Yep, just looked back, he said in May that Pulis was leaving and that was always the case, he didn't say that Woodgate was getting the job though. He got his info straight from TP he said. 

4 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Anything like Woodgates antics or?

I cant speak for Woodgate aside from the publicized issues going back to his time at Leeds and Tottenham but in reality Warnock is not the character the media likes to portray. He is an arrogant, lying bully partial to agreements with players for monetary purposes who has involved himself with a number of unsavory corrupt characters in the game over the last 3 decades (In recent times Willie McKay which goes all the way back to his time at Sheffield Utd) in order to build up his finances in return for exclusive arrangements.

He should not be near any football club.

9 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

I cant speak for Woodgate aside from the publicized issues going back to his time at Leeds and Tottenham but in reality Warnock is not the character the media likes to portray. He is an arrogant, lying bully partial to agreements with players for monetary purposes who has involved himself with a number of unsavory corrupt characters in the game over the last 3 decades (In recent times Willie McKay which goes all the way back to his time at Sheffield Utd) in order to build up his finances in return for exclusive arrangements.

He should not be near any football club.

We take this stuff very seriously nowadays after Monk's spell here so I wouldn't worry about Warnock showing up at Boro.  We'll have learned our lessons and won't repeat them!

• Haha 1

Could we take Warnock in a similar role that El Tel took to Robbo? Sort of an advisor to keep us up while still keeping Woody, and someone for Woodgate to learn a bit from at the same time)?

I think that's about as palatable as I could take it. As was said from Page 1, it'd be a short sighted appointment that would completely go against what we said about building something, and if Warnock is in charge of transfers we will be left with a load of deadwood when he leaves.

Plus, where are we getting the money for Warnock's wages?

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Could we take Warnock in a similar role that El Tel took to Robbo? Sort of an advisor to keep us up while still keeping Woody, and someone for Woodgate to learn a bit from at the same time)?

Woodgate was learning from Pulis for 18 months - December 2017 up until May 2019. He couldnt speak highly enough of him pre season about how much he learnt from his tactics, coaching and man management. If we need to bring in Warnock for Woodgate to learn more.......

I think we should be looking at some one like Nigel Clough but thats just my opinion.

Foreign managers will not touch us firstly because of no money and secondly because most foreign managers would not except the strangle hold that Gibson as on the MFC.

Clough still has youth on his side (53)  has we all know he also as family history at Boro he tends to lean more to attack although likes a balanced team and he knows the market and who he can loan or get in cheaper than most.

A few years down the line I could see Boro once again challenging for the PL .

• Like 1

I'm not too into stylistic arguments to be honest the reason Pulis failed was because he posted career low set piece percentages with us meaning we lost the goals and points he historically gets from that stat not necessarily 'crap football' also our current manager plays 5 atb and hates having possession Warnock wouldn't be that different in that regard. The defense of Warnock is he organises teams puts his arm around players builds solid home ground records at his clubs which is a key platform for any team in this league to go anywhere near the top. We aren't exactly in much of a position as fans to be picky when we're 3 wins from 19 and average 30-40% possession a game anyway I don't really see a negative in Warnock to steady us we already know how we're ran if Warnock's the best non local contact left in Gibson's phone then give him our last 25 games he legitimately can't do any worse.

If we lose to Charlton and limp into Swansea Forest Stoke there is no way he survives he'd be 3 wins from 23 games he's got a truly shocking record he's worse than Maddren's win record he's approaching our worst ever manager statistically Bobby Murdoch, I think a failure to win vs Charlton gives him the honor it's shambolic, shameful and that's why I'll take anyone else because I don't want to see us in League 1 and with the players we have we should be 10-15 places higher it's a failure of the manager in place Mowbray came into a far worse mess than Woodgate inherited he was forced to throw in Smallwood/Main they're no better than Malley/Liddle and co re 'thin squad' complaints, Woodgate's played a hand of his own making, his own strategy and his own words horrendously when the axe falls who knows but whoever comes next will not relegate us, act like he's running a pub team and might actually salvage value from players in the summer.

• Like 3

When we were looking at a new manager & we appointed Monk I started a thread on FMTTM that Warnock is the man to take us up, he had money & the best promotion record in the championship, sadly it never happened & subquently we brought someone in, wasted millions & sacked him

I've not posted about sacking any of our managers & won't start now, Woodgate is the manager who has my support, if Gibson sees fit to remove him then, IMHO, Warnock is the best option 

• Like 2