• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking fo

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 leag

Name me a Pulis performance as good as this.   Or this      Or this    Or this   

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

I cant speak for Woodgate aside from the publicized issues going back to his time at Leeds and Tottenham but in reality Warnock is not the character the media likes to portray. He is an arrogant, lying bully partial to agreements with players for monetary purposes who has involved himself with a number of unsavory corrupt characters in the game over the last 3 decades (In recent times Willie McKay which goes all the way back to his time at Sheffield Utd) in order to build up his finances in return for exclusive arrangements.

He should not be near any football club.

9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

We take this stuff very seriously nowadays after Monk's spell here so I wouldn't worry about Warnock showing up at Boro.  We'll have learned our lessons and won't repeat them!

Not so sure. Looking at the situation we are in it would appear that this club are very slow when it comes to learning lessons. 🤔

On 12/2/2019 at 5:28 PM, p_mards said:

Warnock on a deal to the end of the season to save us from relegation in a no-thrills style would just about be palatable. I'd take a dinosaur like him over an incompetent, inexperienced guy like Woodgate.

Two things PAL, Woodgate is inexperienced so is his assistant,NOT incompetent,I take it your one of the Boo boys That stand there criticising every move for 98 minutes,

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Two things PAL, Woodgate is inexperienced so is his assistant,NOT incompetent,I take it your one of the Boo boys That stand there criticising every move for 98 minutes,

Can’t you be inexperienced and therefore incompetent?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 league games from 19 and are the lowest scorers within the Championship with 16 goals. We're on the same points as Luton Town for crying out loud. When you factor in that Woodgate has the likes of Randolph, Ayala, Fry, Howson, McNair, Wing and Assombalonga, his under performance is even more stark. Therefore, I think describing Woodgate as incompetent is a fair description.

In terms of you rather eloquently alleging me to be a "boo boy", I can say that I have never booed the team when at a game. In fact, I consider myself to be among the more positive of fans; I'm just not passive on here when I see an incompetent manager putting us at serious risk of relegation from the Championship when we should be nowhere near there considering the players at his disposal. Furthermore, Woodgate gushing over Leeds after they battered us 4-0 emphasises that he just doesn't have the mentality to be a successful manager. Both fans and players will have been irked by that.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 7

Seemingly the older Managers are of a mould that probably thrived in days gone by they are all like Harry Rednap but not all of them caught out.

It is no wonder Big Sam is nowhere to be seen.

We simply do not need nor want anyone from that period of time

1 hour ago, p_mards said:

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 league games from 19 and are the lowest scorers within the Championship with 16 goals. We're on the same points as Luton Town for crying out loud. When you factor in that Woodgate has the likes of Randolph, Ayala, Fry, Howson, McNair, Wing and Assombalonga, his underperformance is even more stark. Therefore, I think describing Woodgate as incompetent is a fair description.

In terms of you rather eloquently alleging me to be a "boo boy", I can say that I have never booed the team when at a game. In fact, I consider myself to be among the more positive of fans; I'm just not passive on here when I see an incompetent manager putting us at serious risk of relegation from the Championship when we should be nowhere near there considering the players at his disposal. Furthermore, Woodgate gushing over Leeds after they battered us 4-0 emphasises that he just doesn't have the mentality to be a successful manager. Both fans and players will have been irked by that.

Yep, complete loser's mentality. Sure, Leeds are good at this level, but there isn't any Championship game you should turn up to and not be fuming to lose 4-0. 

Four years ago Leeds would play us thinking they'll do well to go home with a point. How times have changed for both clubs in a very short space of time. Can't stand Leeds but look at the benefit of investing in a manager before players.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I've yet to hear anyone criticising for 98 (?) minutes at a match. What I do pick up on is understandable frustration on social media (not always expressed as eloquently as it is on OB, admittedly!) at the team's shocking lack of confidence and overall performances.

Competent management with this squad would be mid-table, roughly equal WDL statistics, and positive goal difference. Being one point above the relegation places in December, while on one of our worst runs of form in the last century, with just three wins from 20 matches in all competitions... well, that looks pretty incompetent.

And I simply do not believe a competent head coach praises one of his employer's biggest rivals after they've given him a 4-0 spanking. So yes, all things considered, incompetent seems like an appropriate word.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I am surprised that this hasnt got more likes and users falling for the bait

psssst, we all know who CT is, we just don't care and don't want to upset him 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Duvel said:

Why does it have to be the same names over and over that we get linked with? 

Nigel Pearson is a head case, Warnock is in his 70s and he's from the same mould as Pulis. 

Why can't we look for another Karanka type appointment, it's the only one we've got right since McClaren but there seems to be a resistance to anything foreign. 

With limited resources we should be trying to open doors overseas not close them. 

You've pretty much echoed what I said on another thread (I commented we should be scouring the various European 2nd divisions for potential candidates).

However, that takes time...which is rapidly running out for us at the moment.

I'd quite happily take a short term appointment to keep us in the league and which would also give the board time to scout a longer term solution.

6 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Can we not just get Mowbray or Karanka back 😞

Guy in the pub said he'd serviced Tony Mowbray's car yesterday and that he said he'd love to manage Middlesbrough again, but wouldn't do it whilst Steve Gibson was in charge.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, p_mards said:

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 league games from 19 and are the lowest scorers within the Championship with 16 goals. We're on the same points as Luton Town for crying out loud. When you factor in that Woodgate has the likes of Randolph, Ayala, Fry, Howson, McNair, Wing and Assombalonga, his under performance is even more stark. Therefore, I think describing Woodgate as incompetent is a fair description.

tenor (21).gif