• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking fo

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 leag

Name me a Pulis performance as good as this.   Or this      Or this    Or this   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

You've pretty much echoed what I said on another thread (I commented we should be scouring the various European 2nd divisions for potential candidates).

However, that takes time...which is rapidly running out for us at the moment.

I'd quite happily take a short term appointment to keep us in the league and which would also give the board time to scout a longer term solution.

By what measure is time rapidly running out for us? There are 27 games left and there are currently 4 teams worse off than us. This panic is unfounded. Its concerning yes but were hardly cut adrift. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

By what measure is time rapidly running out for us? There are 27 games left and there are currently 4 teams worse off than us. This panic is unfounded. Its concerning yes but were hardly cut adrift. 

Well, if we consider that the universe is about 14 billion years old and we only have about 6 months left of the season then there is very little time left by comparison to that.

Just be told that Woodgate is on very thin ice and defeat at the weekend will see him out the door. Obviously just passing on information but it would explain the Warnock links over the past few days. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CWC said:

Just be told that Woodgate is on very thin ice and defeat at the weekend will see him out the door. Obviously just passing on information but it would explain the Warnock links over the past few days. 

Double edged sword, let's hope for a win then!

15 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I doubt Warnock will come in. I reckon he’s probably retired 

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking for his help. Neil hasn't helped his wife put the bins out since 1975, and the last time he walked the family dog was three dogs ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, BoroJake said:

I doubt Warnock will come in. I reckon he’s probably retired 

He would be based in Cornwall just like Pulis in Bournemouth with Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson running day to day activities. There are a number of players from Leeds, Luton and Bury who have said Blackwell is a bully with younger players and funnily enough is bullied himself by more outspoken and bigger reputation players at his clubs (There were a number of players on the Under The Cosh podcast who talk candidly about it - Clarke Carlisle.) 

Wonder if Gibson will allow Warnocks son to work on behalf of the club as an agent for Unique Sports Management and whether Mark McKay is involved in some capacity.

6 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking for his help. Neil hasn't helped his wife put the bins out since 1975, and the last time he walked the family dog was three dogs ago.

pure class this haha

6 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

😀😀😀

14 hours ago, CWC said:

I am not doubting what you have heard but from an ex player i heard the quite opposite last night.

A meeting was held on Monday and Woodgate was told results must improve but injuries have been a factor in results and they are still happy to give him time which has always been the plan. The meeting was apparently regarding transfers in January and a few big players are going to be moved on so we can significantly add numbers to our squad - Wasn't given any names but i would think the only players who can get us some money is Randolph, Fry and Britt.

What i don't like is that Woodgate is planning to contradict his philosophy he sold the fans when he said he was going to buy exciting prospects and instead buy experienced players.

The guy is a inept walking contradiction.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I am not doubting what you have heard but from an ex player i heard the quite opposite last night.

A meeting was held on Monday and Woodgate was told results must improve but injuries have been a factor in results and they are still happy to give him time which has always been the plan. The meeting was apparently regarding transfers in January and a few big players are going to be moved on so we can significantly add numbers to our squad - Wasn't given any names but i would think the only players who can get us some money is Randolph, Fry and Britt.

What i don't like is that Woodgate is planning to contradict his philosophy he sold the fans when he said he was going to buy exciting prospects and instead buy experienced players.

The guy is a inept walking contradiction.

It's going to take alot more than one or two windows to sort this squad out and not every signing can be an exciting prospect, it's about getting the balance right and while were nowhere near having the perfect blend of both yet I'm hoping we start to see it forming in the next couple of transfer windows

24 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Hahaha we're going to sell Britt Fry and Randolph and bring in totally inadequate replacements while Steve Gibson gets half the money.

Love it.

Nah, swapping three good players for six lower league journeymen is going to propel us back to former glory!!

23 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

By the measure of how long it can take to find a good manager that we would want to give a long term contract to.

I wasn't talking about how many games we have left.

Birmingham took 6 months to decide their caretaker manager was good enough to get the job full time.

There are very few obvious candidates who would even want to come to Boro and its perfectly reasonable to assume it will take several months to find a suitable long-term replacement for Woodgate.

If we leave Woodgate in charge that long, it is highly probable Boro will be in League 1 next season.

So in that sense, time IS rapidly running out to make the necessary changes.