oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock rumours

6 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I am not doubting what you have heard but from an ex player i heard the quite opposite last night.

A meeting was held on Monday and Woodgate was told results must improve but injuries have been a factor in results and they are still happy to give him time which has always been the plan. The meeting was apparently regarding transfers in January and a few big players are going to be moved on so we can significantly add numbers to our squad - Wasn't given any names but i would think the only players who can get us some money is Randolph, Fry and Britt.

What i don't like is that Woodgate is planning to contradict his philosophy he sold the fans when he said he was going to buy exciting prospects and instead buy experienced players.

The guy is a inept walking contradiction.

I assume that means players worth something as opposed to just big (key) players?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking fo

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 leag

Name me a Pulis performance as good as this.   Or this      Or this    Or this   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

By the measure of how long it can take to find a good manager that we would want to give a long term contract to.

I wasn't talking about how many games we have left.

Birmingham took 6 months to decide their caretaker manager was good enough to get the job full time.

There are very few obvious candidates who would even want to come to Boro and its perfectly reasonable to assume it will take several months to find a suitable long-term replacement for Woodgate.

If we leave Woodgate in charge that long, it is highly probable Boro will be in League 1 next season.

So in that sense, time IS rapidly running out to make the necessary changes.

Why highly probably? Its certainly possible. But not highly probable. Were 9/4 to go down, so the bookies clearly arent convinced. there currently are 4 teams below us and a few within touching distance above us. People are in hysteria because weve been poor without even considering that there are likely to be 3 poorer teams than us in the division as the results have shown so far.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Would they not be one and the same?

Well, I'd guess Assombalonga, Randolph, Fry, McNair, Tavernier would probably have higher values than say Ayala, Howson, Shotton, Clayton etc given contract lengths and ages.  So I'm assuming the first group is where the sales would come from if it's highest fees were looking for rather than the second group?

11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'd love it if Hughton came here. Great manager, especially at this level.

Can't see it happening though.

Same

Plus you can always dismiss the article when they say things like "members of the board" as though there's any kind of democracy at the Boro

yeah....Hughton likes giant defenders....playing with one up front ...."combative" box-to-box midfielders and favours "narrow" rather than "wide" formations.......based on South Coast and known for teams that score very few goals....does this sound familiar?....on the plus side, he is very experienced, by all accounts respected by players and isn't "controversial"...but is he really going to produce better football than people were so unhappy about twelve months ago.......(having said that, if he was appointed as a short term "keep us in the Championship" deal, I could live with that)  

23 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

yeah....Hughton likes giant defenders....playing with one up front ...."combative" box-to-box midfielders and favours "narrow" rather than "wide" formations.......based on South Coast and known for teams that score very few goals....does this sound familiar?....on the plus side, he is very experienced, by all accounts respected by players and isn't "controversial"...but is he really going to produce better football than people were so unhappy about twelve months ago.......(having said that, if he was appointed as a short term "keep us in the Championship" deal, I could live with that)  

Definitely a Gibson type manager

I'd love Hughton to come here, especially in our current time of need. He comes across as a decent guy, he's been around the block enough times to know his way around the top two divisions, and his teams play football which is fairly cautious but less unpleasant to watch than Pulisball. He's also good at getting the best out of players, and God knows that's what we need right now given how many of our squad are underperforming.

I'd take Hughton over Warnock in a heartbeat, though I'm not sure Steve Gibson would...

Hughton would be top of the list for me. I think he held out hoping to get one of the Premier League jobs, but he seems to have just recently turned down the Watford job on a deal until the end of the season. Like any passionate football manager out of work, he'll be getting itchy feet desperate to get a new project. The Premier League jobs are looking unlikely at the moment so maybe he is willing to entertain the prospect of dropping into the Championship. He done a fantastic job at Brighton with some extremely shrewd signings and he build their promotion winning team over multiple transfer windows. He ticks pretty much every box.

Whilst we're going to be running on a tight budget, I think a lot of managers would see the potential to build a team with the current players here, and would also understand that we have lots of saleable assets that would raise big funds to rebuild with and have loads of big earners out of contract at the end of the season. Whilst we're struggling at the moment, we still have lots of very high quality Championship level players like Randolph, Ayala, Fry, Clayton, McNair, Wing, Assombalonga etc. A top manager like Hughton will surely appreciate that he can build a promotion winning team out of the players that are currently here.

• Like 1

In all honesty we're not a very attractive proposition, no money that we know of to spend,would be surprised if Houghton would come here, he needs his head looking at if he did take it, but stranger things have happened, as he got the coaching ability to turn 3rd rate full backs into something half decent or even Saville into something resembling a midfielder. Silk purse into sows ear comes to mind.