oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock rumours

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

What on Earth do his political leanings have to do with anything? We're (supposedly) considering hiring him to bail us out of trouble. If he can do that I couldn't care less whether he's pro or anti-Brexit.

Moral fibre. Pulis had none and ended up rinsing us by all accounts of his deal. I'd prefer the same thing not to happen again. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can't retire. Every time he goes home and settles into his Shackleton Wingback chair with a copy of the Racing Post and a mug of cocoa, some pesky Football League manager sends a telegram asking fo

The definition of incompetent is "lacking the skills or knowledge to do a job or perform an action correctly or to a satisfactory standard". We're sat one point outside the relegation zone, won 3 leag

Name me a Pulis performance as good as this.   Or this      Or this    Or this   

Posted Images

Just now, AnglianRed said:

What on Earth do his political leanings have to do with anything? We're (supposedly) considering hiring him to bail us out of trouble. If he can do that I couldn't care less whether he's pro or anti-Brexit.

Political leanings have a lot to do with a lot of things. I mean some on here want us to go European, get coaches and players out of Europe to bring across and develop instead of sticking with the usual. For that argument to hold as much sense, being pro-EU is meaningful in terms of our club. There are forms of Brexit, particularly this ham-fisted 'sod them all' type which Warnock seems to profess to, which could heavily reduce the kind of recruitment we could do without Freedom of Movement. Football isn't exempt from the rules.

Not to mention that I would think NB4 amongst some of our Irish contingent on here has a particular gear to grind on this issue ahead of most.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

This would only be relevant and applicable after the window buddy:classic_wink:

Technically the January 2020 one will be the start of the next decade's! So we've already had our last one!

Under Woodgate I am not convinced we wouldnt get relegated. We arent good in any aspect of our play. 

With Warnock I am convinced we wouldnt get relegated. We would get a short term solution to us not going down. 

But then we would be back to square one again when Gibson appoints another novice coach. 

We would just delay the inevitable for a year. 

It wont happen either. The club has stuck to the mantra of rebuilding and restructuring. It wont publically stop that project after 5 months with a managerial change. 

We need a total club overhaul. Boro are like a failing school. You cant just change the head teacher and expect the school to instantly change and become better. It has all got to change in all aspects. Gibson appears to be not cut throat enough to do this. So it wont matter who's in charge ultimately long term. 

53 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Can we open a new thread:

Worst transfer window of the decade?

Go for it! You know you want to... (and we've had every window for this decade now, as someone else has pointed out).

IF we were to bring in Warnock, it would have to be on a short term deal. We can't afford his 100k a week wages so unless he were to severely lower his expectations we'd be no better off than if we still had Pulis.

That said I don't see it happening. Woody was told he had the full season, I can't see why Gibson would go back on that now (especially as he doesn't seem to give a *** what the fans think.)

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

IF we were to bring in Warnock, it would have to be on a short term deal. We can't afford his 100k a week wages so unless he were to severely lower his expectations we'd be no better off than if we still had Pulis.

That said I don't see it happening. Woody was told he had the full season, I can't see why Gibson would go back on that now (especially as he doesn't seem to give a *** what the fans think.)

Warnock 100k a week? 😂

48 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Okay maybe not 100k a week, but I imagine he'd want more than we can afford.

Manager's, certainly in this division, will be lucky to get anywhere near that kind of weekly wage. Wasn't Pulis only on £40k? Pretty sure I remember people saying we offered him £20k to stay on and that was half his wage.