Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
RiseAgainst

Neil Warnock rumours

Recommended Posts

Warnock's political leanings don't determine whether he'd be a good manager or not but his comments on Brexit made him sound thick as pig ***. There's no getting away from that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Warnock's political leanings don't determine whether he'd be a good manager or not but his comments on Brexit made him sound thick as pig ***. There's no getting away from that. 

Does it really matter, though? It's his personal opinion, which he shouldn't have espoused but he's still entitled to hold. 

If Woodgate had declared himself to be an ardent Remainer, it wouldn't change the fact he's been crap as a manager, and I wouldn't have warmed to him any more than I have (which is not at all).

Even if Warnock does sound ignorant on matters of freedom of movement, I wouldn't ever call him thick as pig s**t. He's one of the most experienced and savvy managers in the country! I don't like him, but I can't doubt his aptitude or ability. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Does it really matter, though? It's his personal opinion, which he shouldn't have espoused but he's still entitled to hold. 

If Woodgate had declared himself to be an ardent Remainer, it wouldn't change the fact he's been crap as a manager, and I wouldn't have warmed to him any more than I have (which is not at all).

Even if Warnock does sound ignorant on matters of freedom of movement, I wouldn't ever call him thick as pig s**t. He's one of the most experienced and savvy managers in the country! I don't like him, but I can't doubt his aptitude or ability. 

You can be an expert in your field but still come across as pig ignorant trying to talk about something in which you are clearly not well versed in. 

That's what we have here it's nothing to do with whether he's a remainer or leaver. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Duvel said:

You can be an expert in your field but still come across as pig ignorant trying to talk about something in which you are clearly not well versed in. 

That's what we have here it's nothing to do with whether he's a remainer or leaver. 

But its still irrelevant when it comes to his capability as a football manager.

And to be fair not many people are well informed when it comes to Brexit...and worryingly that includes a lot of people in Westminster.

 

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

But its still irrelevant when it comes to his capability as a football manager.

And to be fair not many people are well informed when it comes to Brexit...and worryingly that includes a lot of people in Westminster.

 

I said in my first post his political stance doesn't determine his ability as a manager. I can't have been much clearer than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I said in my first post his political stance doesn't determine his ability as a manager. I can't have been much clearer than that. 

You could have tried this:

HIS POLITICAL STANCE DOESN'T DETERMINE HIS ABILITY AS A MANAGER

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt want Neil Warnock anywhere near this club in a DoF or Manager role. This is from knowledge of a player who used to play for him who shared a number of stories. 

Edited by Ayresome7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the echo story on this just set alarm bells off they source it from a Boro 'chief' who wants to stick by Woodgate but at no point is there a denial about talks with Warnock they even mention Warnock and Gibson's close relationship (?) it's meant to read as a confidence note I read it as Woodgate's final warning.

I'd rather Nigel Pearson as is well documented on here over the past 3 years he's a kick up the backside type and doesn't play full on shithouse football if we go with Gibson's pal Warnock I don't see how it works he'll bin half the team bring in a lump maybe finally sign some wingers he'd keep us up but Glenn Roeder would keep us up got to breathe some life into things. I'm not set against Warnock especially for the rest of the season I'm just not sure him and Gibson getting their heads together over transfers would work he had alot of flops at Cardiff we're god awful signing British players especially and he paid over 4 mill for an Oxford winger and a Rotherham CDM... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

I wouldnt want Neil Warnock anywhere near this club in a DoF or Manager role. This is from knowledge of a player who used to play for him who shared a number of stories. 

Anything like Woodgates antics or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it have to be the same names over and over that we get linked with? 

Nigel Pearson is a head case, Warnock is in his 70s and he's from the same mould as Pulis. 

Why can't we look for another Karanka type appointment, it's the only one we've got right since McClaren but there seems to be a resistance to anything foreign. 

With limited resources we should be trying to open doors overseas not close them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere but Alan Brazil said on TalkSport this morning he heard Woodgate was on his way out. Interesting baring in mind he’s very good pals with Neil Warnock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Why can't we look for another Karanka type appointment, it's the only one we've got right since McClaren but there seems to be a resistance to anything foreign. 

With limited resources we should be trying to open doors overseas not close them. 

Brexit means Brexit 🖕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CWC said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere but Alan Brazil said on TalkSport this morning he heard Woodgate was on his way out. Interesting baring in mind he’s very good pals with Neil Warnock. 

it's also being reported in the Mail and on SportsMole. Probably all originated from one source, but it's not just a Sun journalist flying kites any more. 

I think we have to accept our manager in January will either be Woody or Warnock. But which one's worst least bad less likely to get us relegated the best option?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Brexit means Brexit 🖕

🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Excited by Gibson and in particular Benkovic who is very highly rated by many in European football. The concern which has been raised by a few people in this thread is why invest significant money on these loan deals when this season in all likeliness will end up as a dead rubber season. I would much rather have Gibson, Benkovic and that caliber player next season if we are going to make a push for the playoffs.
    • We won't be going up this season and we won't be going down. I just hope all these loans have a 12 month extension or automatic buy option, otherwise we are just throwing good money after bad.
    • The problem I see is that we could still leave ourselves hanging if we want two and only sign one. It definitely feels like we could do with a couple of quality additions at the back. And if Gibson goes to the wire, we could leave ourselves in the lurch as our other targets, ones not just us are after, will move elsewhere. The lad from Leicester in particular seems like someone with a bright future and a decent career so far too, I'd be disappointed to see us miss out on signing him because we sign Simpson and we throw everything at getting Gibson and falter. I know some on here have switched off already for this season but I absolutely want to see us go for it so long as we can. I see very little point in switching off so long as we don't kill off our summer plans by doing so, let's finish as high as we possibly can and hey, even top 10 would be something after our start to this year. So yeah, I'm sceptical of Gibson signing without any cheap permanent by the end of it but by all means, get as much quality in as we can and give it a go.
    • D Blackburn  v  Q.P.R. H Brentford  v  N/Forest. (no scorer.) A Cardiff  v  W.B.A. H Hull Cty  v  Huddersfield. H Leeds  v  Millwall. A Luton  v  Derby. A Wigan  v  Sheff Wednesday. H Reading  v  Bristol City A Tranmere  v  Sunderland.. D Rotherham  v  Ipswich Twn.
    • I am not saying this because it seems the Gibson deal might be drifting away from us but I am quite relaxed about the whole situation. i think the reason for that is we seem to be eyeing some decent alternatives in Benkovic and Simpson who both come with a lot of promise. For once we not put all our eggs in one basket. I know club are looking at two CBs but if we get 1 of the above 3 in I will be happy with that. if we dont get either of the 3 then I will start to worry. Oh and i still got hopes our beloved boro will make a out the blue type signing for the top end of the pitch. Ideally more Lee Tomlin out the blue and less Adlene Guidioura out the blue.
×
×
  • Create New...