oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton 1-0 (Saville)

We need to be winning games against other lowly teams like Charlton. I see another 1-0 like the Barnsley game. Britt to score.

The worrying thing is that the Christmas break is usually our poor period... We really can't afford that this season

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Match-day Thread - Middlesbrough V's Charlton   This is my 2nd match-day thread and I currently hold a 100% win record after we got a win against Reading. Let's hope for a bit more luc

i mean if u look at our form i think we have turned a corner some what. 1 defeat in 5 and it was away to top of the league leeds.  weve won 2 games after no win in 10 , were scoring goals and were now

Isn't it great that we can not only talk about a Boro win, but a convincing win that should have resulted in a far bigger margin, well done Boro You do make a difference to our weekend when you p

Posted Images

Charlton are in a worse run of form than us even if you look back as far as 10 games. Relatively compared to the rest of their season, this is as bad as runs get and suggests a pretty downward trend after a pretty positive start.

If you're looking at teams we want to bring down into the general dogfight at the bottom of the division and prove there are worse teams than us, this is a game we really need to win. Winning comfortably would be nice but just a win will do.

Just now, northern boro said:

Pears Spence Howson Ayala Fry Coulson Clayton Saville Tavernier Fletcher Assombalonga

Subs: Mejias Bola Wood Malley Liddle Walker O'Neill

Glad Spence has gotten a chance but shows how poor a signing Bola has been for two academy players in the team ahead of him!

Jesus christ, Clayton and Saville both playing. I will always love Adam Clayton but that's going to be one ineffective midfield.

Wing one of those ill players? Don't remember him picking up any knocks?

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Glad Spence has gotten a chance but shows how poor a signing Bola has been for two academy players in the team ahead of him!

Bola is very much a left sided player so Spence makes more sense for the right side of the pitch and Coulson does look like he will go a long way in the game.

I know clayton gets knocked a fair bit but he has shown he is solid in a 2 man CDM partnership. 

It seems like the formations havent suited him since Aitor left. 

523 today looks bad on paper with that laborious and slow combo. 

Again for me, its tactics and the players we currently have not giving us flexibility or much choice. 

25 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Pears Spence Howson Ayala Fry Coulson Clayton Saville Tavernier Fletcher Assombalonga

Subs: Mejias Bola Wood Malley Liddle Walker O'Neill

When ever a Boro team sheet starts with Pears I’m conditioned to be hopeful and optimistic, but today’s team sheet needs more Parkinson, Cooper, Mowbray etal as the current one could be more of an old fashioned reserves team lineup than a 1st Team one sadly.