oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton 1-0 (Saville)

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Yet again I'm sat here wondering how we've only won the game 1-0. We played some really really good stuff and missed about 4 sitters. 

Great determination and steel to hold on when Charlton started pressing towards the end, Pears stayed switched on despite having literally nothing to do for about 60 minutes.

Both wingbacks played incredible, I hope Spence can continue that form because he was top drawer today. Coulson also, hope he stays fit because he just offers so so much on that left hand side.

Thanx for summing up my last 7 posts 😁🙃🎈

• Like 1
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Match-day Thread - Middlesbrough V's Charlton   This is my 2nd match-day thread and I currently hold a 100% win record after we got a win against Reading. Let's hope for a bit more luc

i mean if u look at our form i think we have turned a corner some what. 1 defeat in 5 and it was away to top of the league leeds.  weve won 2 games after no win in 10 , were scoring goals and were now

Isn't it great that we can not only talk about a Boro win, but a convincing win that should have resulted in a far bigger margin, well done Boro You do make a difference to our weekend when you p

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

This comment is the first I saw coming on here, what a way to respond to that match. That was class, give over!

If you want to delude yourself into thinking a nervy 1-0 win over an abysmal Charlton team is something to get excited about, go ahead.

• Angry 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Glad we won but we haven't turned the corner one bit. Charlton were absolutely terrible. We still can't finish to save our lives and we're not going to keep seeing games out 1-0.

m8 we just got a win with a crippled squad, no senior players on bench, 5 youth teamers in starting line up and howson at centre back.  today was a great win. 

• Like 5

We actually controlled most of the game  up to the last 10 minutes UNLIKE our last 1 0 win vs Barnsley this was a much better performance we never stayed on the ropes too long our fullbacks were brilliant outlets all game Saville and Clayton grafted hard and that was one of Tavs best performances finishing aside.

I mean Charlton were bad but I think we maybe made them look bad as well? If Fletcher or Tav could finish it could have been 3/4 goals was a good performance Coulson showed up and Spence might finally have his concentration levels where they need to be for senior football. Having said all that it is 1 result we need to see this for the next 3-4 games or it's square 1 again.

• Like 1
On 12/4/2019 at 2:06 PM, FamilyBoro said:

Match-day Thread - Middlesbrough V's Charlton

204933238_BoroVCharltonMatchdaythread-page0001(2).thumb.jpg.70455b488033a8f2822a89aff0503f79.jpg

This is my 2nd match-day thread and I currently hold a 100% win record after we got a win against Reading. Let's hope for a bit more luck 😉

View from the other side:

Into The Valley - http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/24300/middlesborough-charlton-match-thread-reaction 

General Charlton - https://forum.charltonlife.com/categories/general-charlton  (Match-day thread not started yet) 

Questions:

1) Match Result?

2) Should Clayton be starting more games with our current injury crisis?

3) Was it a mistake to sell downing after he makes the Championship team of the Month? 

4) Do any of the U-23 team step-up after winning against Palace 5-1 midweek?

Hopefully the match day author for the remainder of this year, at least, cracking win & if I'm honest, every result went our way today, even Luton beating Wigan is OK with me, as I see Wigan as a bigger threat to finish above us than Luton, well done Boro & well done George Seville, who I've never thought well of since he signed 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, tmcc said:

m8 we just got a win with a crippled squad, no senior players on bench, 5 youth teamers in starting line up and howson at centre back.  today was a great win. 

And when those kids get dismantled midweek by Forest then what?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

And when those kids get dismantled midweek by Forest then what?

we dont know that will happen, if we play like we did today every chance of getting something. 

Jesus @Denzel Zanzibar no one is saying we're world beaters we're enjoying a well deserved win and yes there are some negatives but I don't care right now because I wanna enjoy this rare win. There are positives from that game too we created some great changes, the defence never looked like cracking very Karnaka esk. You can only beat what's in front of you.  Up the Boro! 

• Like 4
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If you want to delude yourself into thinking a nervy 1-0 win over an abysmal Charlton team is something to get excited about, go ahead.

Always about the other team... our defending from the front was absolutely fantastic today. It was more about us than them.

It's not like it's asking much to be happy with a confident win. It's not about the long term today, it's one game and it was one of the most one-sided 1-0 wins you're gonna see.

Sometimes I think you'd be happier if we lost so you got proven right and that's frankly a bit sad.

• Like 6

For the first time this season we played as a team, and more importantly we looked like we have trained together as a team. Yes there were mis passes, glaring misses and clock watching at the end, but we took 3 points at home against a team we should have taken three points from.

lots of times stronger teams on paper have gone out and against today’s opposition would have come up short or even shot themselves in the foot. I’m not saying this anywhere near a top 6 finishing team, but for the first time in ages I’ve heard the final whistle and thought great we play again midweek, forest will be a much tougher test and I think maybe a bit too much for this team, but the battle and belief in themselves that the team showed today I’m hopefull that come Tuesday whatever the result the team won’t have let themselves down which sadly too many times in the recent past we have.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tmcc said:

we dont know that will happen, if we play like we did today every chance of getting something. 

I wish I shared your optimism I really do, i've been following Boro for long enough to know what happens next game when we squeak out a 1-0 win and people start saying we've "turned a corner"

But as for today, 3 much needed points and some positives to take from the game, namely Coulson and Spence playing really really well.

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You're allowed to be happy sometimes DZ. We were absolutely in cruise control for 80 minutes today and didn't really look like conceding in that final 10 either.

• Like 2