• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Match-day Thread - Middlesbrough V's Charlton   This is my 2nd match-day thread and I currently hold a 100% win record after we got a win against Reading. Let's hope for a bit more luc

i mean if u look at our form i think we have turned a corner some what. 1 defeat in 5 and it was away to top of the league leeds.  weve won 2 games after no win in 10 , were scoring goals and were now

Isn't it great that we can not only talk about a Boro win, but a convincing win that should have resulted in a far bigger margin, well done Boro You do make a difference to our weekend when you p

Posted Images

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wish I shared your optimism I really do, i've been following Boro for long enough to know what happens next game when we squeak out a 1-0 win and people start saying we've "turned a corner"

But as for today, 3 much needed points and some positives to take from the game, namely Coulson and Spence playing really really well.

i mean if u look at our form i think we have turned a corner some what. 1 defeat in 5 and it was away to top of the league leeds.  weve won 2 games after no win in 10 , were scoring goals and were now 4 points clear of the drop. and to top it off weve done this while half the squad has been out injured or ill. 

a bare bones boro squad has show the fight and determination thats been lacking all season, for me thats grounds for optimism

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I can't be happy, i'm a Boro fan in 2019.

No it’s hard too be too happy at the moment, but at least you can watch the highlights, that’s something I’ve avoided since the final whistles formost of this season.

The two fullbacks ran themselves ragged today, put in very good performances too. We did look very nervy in the last 10 mins, but that could of been down to the tired legs. 

That defence actually looked decent and a few clean sheets will give them great confidence.

• Like 1

A win is win. 
I was at a Xmas lunch and when I read the score and possession it was uplifting thinking we will surly have another or two goals. With 10 mins to go I was told to put my phone away because I was nervous reading the commentary trying to judge if we had enough to get over the line. I’m with the not enough camp to make a difference against inform teams and Xmas schedule will cripple us. A win is a win and it’s 3 points. 

13 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i mean if u look at our form i think we have turned a corner some what. 1 defeat in 5 and it was away to top of the league leeds.  weve won 2 games after no win in 10 , were scoring goals and were now 4 points clear of the drop. and to top it off weve done this while half the squad has been out injured or ill. 

a bare bones boro squad has show the fight and determination thats been lacking all season, for me thats grounds for optimism

Still haven't won an away game it's a high bar to set but seeing a corner truly turned would be 3 points at the City Ground. We've been told we've turned a corner every few weeks whether a draw at Ashton Gate or a draw at Loftus Road I think we're closer to the corner than we were in early November whether young players like Spence/Tav/Coulson can show consistency to propel us through the next 3 tough games I really don't know.

If Britt's missing for the next week does Woodgate throw Walker in to pair with Fletcher or push Coulson/Johnson to the left wing Fletcher down the middle and Tav wide right? 

It's a tough spot but I still think he needs to find 1 win out of Forest Stoke and Swansea we need to get to 23GP 5W just to give us a real cushion from relegation.