• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Match-day Thread - Middlesbrough V's Charlton   This is my 2nd match-day thread and I currently hold a 100% win record after we got a win against Reading. Let's hope for a bit more luc

i mean if u look at our form i think we have turned a corner some what. 1 defeat in 5 and it was away to top of the league leeds.  weve won 2 games after no win in 10 , were scoring goals and were now

Isn't it great that we can not only talk about a Boro win, but a convincing win that should have resulted in a far bigger margin, well done Boro You do make a difference to our weekend when you p

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Nah, we'll just push Tavernier further forward and bring back McNair I reckon.

Agree CT but think i would rather see Paddy behind Fletcher and just leave Tav&Sav where they were today. I think Paddy burst in to box from that no.10 role could bring some success

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Agree CT but think i would rather see Paddy behind Fletcher and just leave Tav&Sav where they were today. I think Paddy burst in to box from that no.10 role could bring some success

Aye could do that.  Could push them both forward and just tell Clayton and Saville to sit.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye could do that.  Could push them both forward and just tell Clayton and Saville to sit.

Yeh that would work even better. Paddy and Tav tucked in playing either side of Fletch. Spence and Coulson providing width. Team is sorted for Tuesday 😊. We will speak on Wednesday @Changing Times and sort the team for Swansea then. Wont take us long.

Another refreshing thing about today was that players showed the right emotions when they didn't convert chance....no cheesy grins...Walker actually thumped pitch in frustration when he realised he had delayed too long and Tav had head in hands.....but they both got on with it afterwards and made sure we kept possession when we needed to.....and fair play to Pears for being a virtual spectator for 75 minutes and still producing a couple of good saves.....and we are getting the points from the teams we need to be getting the points from......we might not have turned the corner, but the fog has cleared enough for it to be visible

would settle for a point against Forest...but that would be a bonus....though Millwall showed that if you go at them with speed, they can be upset.....

Well I'm pleased with the result. From all accounts we missed a fair few sitters again. So it's not just Britt. However, it sounds like we played a decent game. Charlton are a competent side. Granted they have issues with injuries at the moment. But then again so do we. So to come out on top is a big lift.
I am well happy that the youngsters took their chance. This is exactly what we want. Hungry, work hard lads who are going to give their all for the duration of the game.

Good result. certainly one we needed and the table looks more palatable now. Hopefully we can keep it going.
Well done Boro. Keep battling and we will get out of this mess.

12 hours ago, northern boro said:

Britt left the Riverside on crutches tonight

Good job Gestede is back in training!

Gestede lent them to Britt stating "as long as he gives me them back soon"

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

And when those kids get dismantled midweek by Forest then what?

Honestly I don't think anyone will be surprised.

Hell, we have a history of losing at Forest even with full strength teams. Its not a happy hunting ground for us.

Right now though, given the state of our squad, I think we just need to be happy if we can beat the teams around us.

16 hours ago, SmogDane said:

The next six games .. 

4 very hard away games (Forest, Swansea, WBA and Preston) and 2 must win at home games (Stoke and Huddersfield) 

Oof!

Think we need to brace ourselves for some more doom & gloom. 😁

Still, if we can get maximum points from those home games, we should just about keep our heads above water.

14 hours ago, Oslo_Syd said:

Let's just get a bit of perspective. Once again we SCRAPED a home win by one goal. Charlton were there for the taking. The stats speak for themselves - 23 shots on goal, 3 on target, Charlton 5 shots on goal, 2 on target. OK, we did not concede - finally - but it was far, far away from a convincing win.

Well for the first 75-80 minutes I thought Boro looked very convincing.

As I said at half time, we were "battering" them 1-0.

But, as usual they made us bite our nails for the last 10 or so. Pears had his busiest spell of the game and Charlton actually managed some sustained pressure. Lucky for us Aynsley was alert and their finishing was as bad as ours.

Considering we had nothing like a full strength team, I thought it was a good effort.

But to give it some perspective we have far tougher matches to come and likely some more ugly results, so we shouldn't be getting carried away.

But given how this season has panned out so far, we need to celebrate the positives wherever we can find them.

• Like 3

Looking at the highlights, it seemed that Coulson and Spence gave us some really good width going forward from the wing-back positions.

I'd also say we seemed to have plently of chances for us to get more goals. Tav hitting a cross in from Spence over the bar, was a great opportunity. Similar chance for Britt but from Coulson crossing from the opposite side of the pitch. And Walker had a great chance too. On another day it seems (impression from the highlights) we could have won 3-0/4-0.

Obviously it is difficult to get a accurate representation of the the game from just the highlights, but it seems yesterday was a game we comfortably won.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Looking at the highlights, it seemed that Coulson and Spence gave us some really good width going forward from the wing-back positions.

I'd also say we seemed to have plently of chances for us to get more goals. Tav hitting a cross in from Spence over the bar, was a great opportunity. Similar chance for Britt but from Coulson crossing from the opposite side of the pitch. And Walker had a great chance too. On another day it seems (impression from the highlights) we could have won 3-0/4-0.

Obviously it is difficult to get a accurate representation of the the game from just the highlights, but it seems yesterday was a game we comfortably won.

You have got the correct impression there. We should have been up 2 or 3 comfortably by midway through the 2nd half. Tav, for me, has to bury at least one of the two chances he gets - and the way he hugged the post after the second miss tells me he knows that too.

Britts chance (if it's the header) actually deflected off the defender and took all the pace out of it unfortunately

As for Walker, I think the occasion got to him just a little bit, he seemed so eager to score that his decision making wasn't quite up to snuff.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

You have got the correct impression there. We should have been up 2 or 3 comfortably by midway through the 2nd half. Tav, for me, has to bury at least one of the two chances he gets - and the way he hugged the post after the second miss tells me he knows that too.

Britts chance (if it's the header) actually deflected off the defender and took all the pace out of it unfortunately

As for Walker, I think the occasion got to him just a little bit, he seemed so eager to score that his decision making wasn't quite up to snuff.

Yeah, he got a bit too excited when he had a chance to score.  Just needs to settle down and it'll happen.