oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FamilyBoro

Boro v Charlton 1-0 (Saville)

That is it... 

3 points.. We played Charlton at the Best time possible... 

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

FT

1-0

Let the overreactions commence!

That that's your reaction to a 1-0 win says alot about how you view the game!

Good result and other games went for us too, excellent afternoon.

• Like 2

Barnsley losing in final few seconds and a big phew.

Familyboro please carry on maybe we will get our first away win

Good win that, even as someone who's negative I'll take that any day of the week should've been much more. Got some tough games now coming up. 

• Like 1

This should have been at least 3-0

But we won and a lot of young players did Well.. 

MEN of the match.. Both wingbacks

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

That that's your reaction to a 1-0 win says alot about how you view the game!

Good result and other games went for us too, excellent afternoon.

Glad we won but we haven't turned the corner one bit. Charlton were absolutely terrible. We still can't finish to save our lives and we're not going to keep seeing games out 1-0.

• Like 1

Good win that, of the bits I saw Saville seemed to be having a good game!

Fully behind Woodgate, couldn't have picked a better manager; feel like promotion could still be on the books! 

(Was that a good enough contribution to the overreaction?) 

• Haha 3

23 shots.. 3 on target.. 

Is there an "Austria" for finishing? Then let's go there... 

Jesus that was nervy!

Mostly another good performance in the 2nd half by Boro. Picked up where they left off at half time and kept looking to get forward and increase the goal tally. Just let down by some poor final balls and awful finishing.

Faded badly in the last 10-15 minutes and Charlton started to look a lot more dangerous. Boro held out though with some great saves from Pears and intelligent time wasting in the final few minutes.

Boro really deserved to win by more, but just happy we got the 3 points - all that really matters right now.

Overall very pleased and impressed with how much effort the lads put into this performance. Some literally ran themselves into the ground.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

FT

1-0

Let the overreactions commence!

This comment is the first I saw coming on here, what a way to respond to that match. That was class, give over!

• Like 1

Yet again I'm sat here wondering how we've only won the game 1-0. We played some really really good stuff and missed about 4 sitters. 

Great determination and steel to hold on when Charlton started pressing towards the end, Pears stayed switched on despite having literally nothing to do for about 60 minutes.

Both wingbacks played incredible, I hope Spence can continue that form because he was top drawer today. Coulson also, hope he stays fit because he just offers so so much on that left hand side.

• Like 1