• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Match-day Thread - Middlesbrough V's Charlton   This is my 2nd match-day thread and I currently hold a 100% win record after we got a win against Reading. Let's hope for a bit more luc

i mean if u look at our form i think we have turned a corner some what. 1 defeat in 5 and it was away to top of the league leeds.  weve won 2 games after no win in 10 , were scoring goals and were now

Isn't it great that we can not only talk about a Boro win, but a convincing win that should have resulted in a far bigger margin, well done Boro You do make a difference to our weekend when you p

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Woody said he is injured and has had a scan on his knee. Also Britt is in crutches. 

oh jeez that's not good.

At this point we can almost field a full 11 of injured first teamers.

Randolph

Dijksteel
Friend
Shotton

McNair
Wing
Browne

Assombalonga
Gestede

Only "missing" two.

• Sad 1

Really pleased to get a win as the match day author, seems it’s in privileged supply so far this season 😁

Main points from the game for me:

• As already said Wing Backs made such a difference today! Offered an outlet continuously and provided decent width, attacking and deference play. Yes it wasn’t perfect 100% of the time but Coulson and Spence both did very well and offered a good balance to the team. 

•Personally feel Clayton did ok.... Numerous times both him and Ayala seemed very vocal organising the team. 

•To go ahead so early and hold onto that lead for 90 minutes isn’t easy! Yes we should have sealed it with the 2nd but still a positive. 

•Space and interlink between Fletcher and Britt is so much better now. They don’t run into the same lines anymore giving each other clear space. Think it was 30-35 minutes on the counterattack they split perfectly as they ran forward to receive the ball. 

Lots of positives for me. 

I’ll get the Forest Match day thread up ASAP. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Is it too early to whisper promotion is back on...

It's a measure of how low expectations have dropped that not being relegated will seem like a triumph this season!

Great result, encouraging performance, and a valuable three points against the sort of team we need to beat to rise up the table. And Neil Warnock can spend a little longer stroking his white cat (that's not a euphemism, by the way).

Good to taste victory today and by all accounts a good performance from the team. Hopefully we can start looking up the table soon if we can string a few results together. UTB 

• Like 1

Honestly, this feels like the most difficult man of the match to award all season and not because they were all dreadful. Might be a bit harsh but I thought Fry looked a bit shifty at times in the air so he's bottom of my list but the rest?

Pears had nothing to do for so long then pulls off a terrific save at a time in the game which would have truly killed us.

Ayala got his head on everything and was at his no-nonsense best. Howson was friggin' terrific at the back and his energy back there really helped us.

Spence and Coulson were top class, what a league debut that was for Spence, barely put a foot wrong, he was stronger than he looks and he's really bloody quick. Coulson had the beating of his man so many times down the left, whether it was tactically winning free kicks from daft challenges or just being able to get the ball into the box time after time, it was like watching a young Stewart Downing in that respect.

In midfield we just seemed to win everything, one way or another. The quick closing down from one player to the next kept seeing us win the ball back in tight situations. Clayton and Saville were both really good, Tav was outstanding.

Britt and Fletch were right in the thick of it too, both put themselves about, Fletch was vital after Britt had to go off. Walker, oh man, he should score but I think the occasion maybe got to him a bit, his touch was a bit off.

Second half alone, Britt hits the post with a header, Tav hits the bar from in front of goal, Walker has a couple of chances then a well worked move with Fletcher on the end of it nearly sealed the points, only stopped due to a great save from their keeper.

Just a final point... the atmosphere reached by far the best it's been this season. Not difficult to win that contest but I thought the North Stand was really good and vocal towards the end, even when we couldn't quite finish them off, clapping the lads and cheering them on through the last 10 minutes or so, as connected to the game as I've felt all season.

So many positives to take from it. So sure it's only 3 points, we've got 2 really tough games this week to come, we've almost certainly lost Britt to injury now as well... but today on its own was great, thoroughly enjoyed it, best match I've been to this season I think.

• Like 5

It’s not about performance and all to do about points which means every game is a game we need to be challenging. We press and early goals are crucial and if the wing backs are forward we are pretty weak in defense and vulnerable. What I’m trying to state is, should we have had early leads and a cushion the opposition would have pushed out leaving gaps and we do have the ability to counter and punish. I believe earlier in the season with better finishing we would be sitting quite comfortably at least mid table. i still believe we will end up mid table.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

It’s not about performance and all to do about points which means every game is a game we need to be challenging. We press and early goals are crucial and if the wing backs are forward we are pretty weak in defense and vulnerable. What I’m trying to state is, should we have had early leads and a cushion the opposition would have pushed out leaving gaps and we do have the ability to counter and punish. I believe earlier in the season with better finishing we would be sitting quite comfortably at least mid table. i still believe we will end up mid table.  

wow, you become positive? 😛