oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-1 (McNair pen)

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol.

The City Ground is not a happy place for us. Add to that all the injuries and the fact we're more than likely missing noted goal machine Britt Assombalonga, think we'll be lucky to score let alone get a result.

2-0 to Forest and the Boro back to square one.

Oh and best debut has to be Ravanelli vs Liverpool by a country mile.

Heh. I thought FB was talking about recent debuts - thats why I went with Spence.

Otherwise I'd have picked The White Feather myself (thats why I've got him as my avatar).

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We sat back, conceded chances not goals but frustrated Forest and got their fans annoyed,luckily didnt concede then came out and salvaged an unlikely draw....sounds like how lots of teams have come to

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out. Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker. We w

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins.    HOWEVER There are a lot of positives from that game  - The result- very few thought wed get anything from

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol.

The City Ground is not a happy place for us. Add to that all the injuries and the fact we're more than likely missing noted goal machine Britt Assombalonga, think we'll be lucky to score let alone get a result.

I don’t think a 2-0 loss would put us back to square one. We’re going up against one of the league’s best sides so far, whilst we have been one of the poorest. Whilst it would be ideal to draw or (by some miracle) win, a 2-0 loss wouldn’t negate the admittedly slow but all the same changing trend towards a more successful team under Woodgate. 

I think it's gonna be tough to get something from the next 2 games. I'd be happy with a point from each, I think that would also represent progress in not capitulating to better sides. Here's hoping, anyway!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I don’t think a 2-0 loss would put us back to square one. We’re going up against one of the league’s best sides so far, whilst we have been one of the poorest. Whilst it would be ideal to draw or (by some miracle) win, a 2-0 loss wouldn’t negate the admittedly slow but all the same changing trend towards a more successful team under Woodgate. 

A lot of fans (including me) still in that sort of subconscious playoff mode where we are expected to beat every team or get a result against every team. Tough trying to adapt to not getting a result each week. Torture for me 

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

A lot of fans (including me) still in that sort of subconscious playoff mode where we are expected to beat every team or get a result against every team. Tough trying to adapt to not getting a result each week. Torture for me 

I completely get that. Feels weird after going from 4 championship seasons where there was that expectation. My mindset has changed the last couple weeks and let me tell you, I feel a lot more chilled out about our results now. Still ruins my weekend when we lose, mind. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I completely get that. Feels weird after going from 4 championship seasons where there was that expectation. My mindset has changed the last couple weeks and let me tell you, I feel a lot more chilled out about our results now. Still ruins my weekend when we lose, mind. 

Yeah definitely. Im starting to change mindset now. Went from angry to apathetic, to why stress and just try and go with it. Welcome to Boro

• Like 1

Honestly, the last two seasons, I never really held much hope of promotion when it came to crunch time anyway. This season doesn't even feel that much different to me in terms of trying to get promoted, last season in particular was one of the most miserable times I've had as a Boro fan so I'm all for what little positivity there is around the place at the moment, I enjoy going to matches, I still feel privileged to turn up every home game. Saturday was the next level up from that, a performance to be proud of, a deserved 3 points, no injustice, top notch.

Is McNair back for this game?  If so, and Britt's out, then I'd play

------------------------Pears

-----------Howson - Ayala - Fry

Spence ------------Clayton------------Coulson

---------------Saville---------Tavernier

------------------------McNair

------------------------Fletcher

Think it'll be 1-1 (Tav for us and them equalising in the last few mins).

Woody's debut vs Arsenal at the Emirates has got to be up there as well.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol.

Yeah, tough game but I'm not sure a defeat puts us back to square one, mate.  We're going to lose games because there are better teams than us so we have to accept that.  But if we can win the games we should have a chance in and not look too rubbish in the others then that's progress of sorts.  I have more optimism after Saturday, not because we beat a bad side, but because we actually looked like a decent side while doing it.  I don't think we did against Barnsley or in our other wins this season.  But I thought we did against Charlton, minus the putting the ball in the back of the net bit 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 2

Sensible money has to be on us getting beat.  I'd settle for a decent performance, showing we're sticking to some sort of tactics/game plan, not messing with the team sheet too much and basically continuing where we left off against Charlton.

My fear is we'll lump an unfit Rudy up front, dump midfielders into the wing back slots for their "experience" and play like we have most of the season.  

• Like 2

I think I would be inclined to play Walker up front with Fletcher. I think in all likelihood Forest will just have to much for us but if Walker can see the impact Spence had on Saturday then maybe he could go out thinking why not me to. 

Im going for a Boro 1 - 0 because I don't like predicting defeat! 

Pears

Coulson Ayala Fry Howson Spence

Clayton 

Tav                Mcnair

Fletcher

Walker

Is what I would go for

UTB

7 hours ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Is McNair back for this game?  If so, and Britt's out, then I'd play

------------------------Pears

-----------Howson - Ayala - Fry

Spence ------------Clayton------------Coulson

---------------Saville---------Tavernier

------------------------McNair

------------------------Fletcher

Think it'll be 1-1 (Tav for us and them equalising in the last few mins).

Woody's debut vs Arsenal at the Emirates has got to be up there as well.

Swap Tavernier and McNairs position and you have it spot on

There are a few matches when the  fixtures cone out & you look at & think, it doesn't matter where we are in the table, or our strength, we know result wise, we'll struggle, Forest, Leeds & usually QPR away, after those 3 then fine

Best debuts & some good shouts, but I'll add Stephen Pears, our 1st ever loanee, on the 5th November 1983 v Cardiff at home, won 2-0 & he became an instant legend but the biggy for me, Terry Cochrane's debut v Norwich on my 18th birthday, 14th October 1978, absolutely awesome, we won 2-0, our 1st home win of the season, I'd never seen a Boro player stuck to the line like he did that afternoon, that for me is my favourite Boro debutant 

Edited by Erimus74

I would go with 

Pears
            Howson, Ayala, Fry
Spence         Clayton         Coulson
          Saville               Mc'Nair
                     Tavernier
                      Fletcher

Then have Rudy to bring on as a plan B - He played an hour for the U23s tonight

• Like 1