oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-1 (McNair pen)

I echo most views on here. Expect to loose this one though would be happy enough with a draw.  Just hope we put up a fight and the youngsters shine again.

Forrest have the 2nd meanest defense in the league at home so I can't see us scoring. But here's hoping.

Head - 2-0 to Forrest.

Heart - 1 - 0 to Boro. Walker (if selected) to get off the mark as he is too young to know the city ground jinx effect.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We sat back, conceded chances not goals but frustrated Forest and got their fans annoyed,luckily didnt concede then came out and salvaged an unlikely draw....sounds like how lots of teams have come to

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out. Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker. We w

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins.    HOWEVER There are a lot of positives from that game  - The result- very few thought wed get anything from

Posted Images

Do people believe we are now accepting the clubs position as a mid table Championship team. To be fair I still get angry and frustrated at loosing but I’m drifting away from the locked in syndrome of following live commentary and scores, and in fact I’m not rushing about to see how we did. I notice for the first time this Xmas no one in the family has bought BORO franchise. 

i believe the Championship is where we belong and we will have a season or two were we do well but let’s face it, the club has made it pretty clear changes are being made to consolidate our stay. I worry it’s a pretty big stadium for a championship team and just hope it’s not going to be a lead weight that stops us spending on players. So going forward expect to see the three northern teams in three different leagues. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

Living just over a mile away from the City Ground this is the shortest trip of the season for me. Historically it's not been a ground for great Boro games but in my two previous visits I've not seen us lose. A 0-0 draw in 2012 that took us to 2nd in the table apparently, and a 1-2 win in 2015 with goals from Nugent and Ayala and a late penalty save from Dimi to hold on to 3 points and take us to 2nd in the table again. 

No chance of 2nd tonight but I'm feeling foolishly optimistic about getting a result. They've not been great at home and we've not won yet on the road. I didn't see the game on Saturday but it sounds as though it was one of our better, if not the best, performance of the season. The only issue being we haven't put in two successive good performances yet this season, so it would have to be a first if we're going to get something from the game. 

Hopefully Britt is fit enough to play and make an impact, reading their forum it seems as though they don't fancy their centre halves' chances against a fully fit Britt and they're buzzing that he might miss the game. 

I'm hoping that the fearlessness of the young academy lads will help us repeat Saturday's performance and I'm going to go for a foolhardy 1-2 away win. Not a disaster if we don't take anything and a point would be great. The big home games coming up are the real tests. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Do people believe we are now accepting the clubs position as a mid table Championship team. To be fair I still get angry and frustrated at loosing but I’m drifting away from the locked in syndrome of following live commentary and scores, and in fact I’m not rushing about to see how we did. I notice for the first time this Xmas no one in the family has bought BORO franchise. 

i believe the Championship is where we belong and we will have a season or two were we do well but let’s face it, the club has made it pretty clear changes are being made to consolidate our stay. I worry it’s a pretty big stadium for a championship team and just hope it’s not going to be a lead weight that stops us spending on players. So going forward expect to see the three northern teams in three different leagues. 

We're currently 19th so I wouldn't say we've even reached the dizzy heights of being a mid table Championship team yet 🙂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

We're currently 19th so I wouldn't say we've even reached the dizzy heights of being a mid table Championship team yet 🙂

I’d say we’re a championship mid table team.... In waiting 🤔

To be honest and irrespective of the score I think we will see a decent game of football from both teams, the shackles may just be loosened due to the team we will most likely put out.

Hey they may as well have a go because you never know...…...well we will later on!

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

To be honest and irrespective of the score I think we will see a decent game of football from both teams, the shackles may just be loosened due to the team we will most likely put out.

Hey they may as well have a go because you never know...…...well we will later on!

I got the impression on Sky sports news this match is being shown live...I might be wrong though

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I got the impression on Sky sports news this match is being shown live...I might be wrong though

Preston-Fulham is the live game in Denmark from tonight’s championship fixtures. 

6 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I think it’s on the red button tonight 

6 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Sky sports Football via the red button 🔴

• Like 1