oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-1 (McNair pen)

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We sat back, conceded chances not goals but frustrated Forest and got their fans annoyed,luckily didnt concede then came out and salvaged an unlikely draw....sounds like how lots of teams have come to

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out. Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker. We w

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins.    HOWEVER There are a lot of positives from that game  - The result- very few thought wed get anything from

Posted Images

Great away point & at a bogey ground too & going behind to then level, quality

Woody must be pleased with his players, he's taken some stick this season but Leeds & Sheffield Weds apart we've not been thumped 

Hooefullyvwe are starting to see a slight improvement that will, fingers crossed, see us gradually move away from the bottom 3 teams 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Go on then, in what sense is Woodgate learning?

I know a lot of people think that we should attack for 90 minutes of every game but is that realistic? We are in the bottom six and Forest in the top six.  We are riddled with injuries and were away from home. A point is a good result no matter what way you look at it. We did attack well when we went behind and Woodgate is to be commended for that, not lambasted. Had we been gung ho from the off we may well have been trounced. That was a good performance from the manager tonight. He is definitely learning.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I know a lot of people think that we should attack for 90 minutes of every game but is that realistic? We are in the bottom six and Forest in the top six.  We are riddled with injuries and were away from home. A point is a good result no matter what way you look at it. We did attack well when we went behind and Woodgate is to be commended for that, not lambasted. Had we been gung ho from the off we may well have been trounced. That was a good performance from the manager tonight. He is definitely learning.

I don't think we should go gung ho for 90 minutes but we shouldn't play like we did today for 70 minutes either. There's a happy middle ground that he needs to find. That 70 minutes has to be up there as some of the worst football we've played this year. I do give him credit for the changes and making the right subs, but had he got the tactics right from the beginning he may not have needed to change things so drastically.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't think we should go gung ho for 90 minutes but we shouldn't play like we did today for 70 minutes either. There's a happy middle ground that he needs to find. That 70 minutes has to be up there as some of the worst football we've played this year. I do give him credit for the changes and making the right subs, but had he got the tactics right from the beginning he may not have needed to change things so drastically.

I wasn’t having a go at you Brunners or anyone in particular. I respect your opinion. 
I just think that a rookie manager deserves our support 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

According to BBC both sides had 9 shots with 3 on target.....so why did it seem as though we were under fire most of time....possession 60/40..so not totally swamped.....maybe it was the continual corners......still a point there is a nice change ...hopefully repeated at Swansea

They had really poor delivery into the box and poor movement too.  They passed around nice enough until they got 30 yards out and really struggled to show quality. I wasn't impressed by them at all. Ameobi and Lolley occasionally looked like they would get the better of us, but lacked that killer ball. Grabban was a statue most of the night. I think Pears made maybe 2 saves and they weren't worldies. Forest flattered to deceive for me.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Plus he only made the changes because he had too. He was happy with a 0-0, and maybe rightly so, but he does this whoever we play away too and it's also the manner. This isn't great defending 0-0, this is desperate, hope and pray we don't concede 0-0. We caught Forest on one of their off nights, and they still should have beat us.

It's a great point in the grand scheme of things and of course I am delighted, but make no mistake, from what i've seen we are still the most boring, negative side in the league. We have no idea going forward and the players look frightened. I don't blame Woodgate fully, and I am still on his side, because the terrible hand he was given has got worse due to injuries. The players are still locked in a Pulis mindest, and Woodgate's mentor was that very man himself.

We have a positive point, 1 defeat in 5 is it? Equal amount of wins in the last couple of weeks than the rest of the season, but winning (grinding) 1-0 at home unconvincingly to 4 of your relegation rivals all season, should not be seen as some kind of achievement. We have injuries, but we need new faces, new ideas and new impetus.

Oh and Adam Clayton's days in a Boro shirt should be coming to an end. I thank him for his great service and the part he played in helping us get promoted, but sorry Adam, it's back to U2 for you as your best days with us are long gone.

We have some half decent footballers in our squad (for their respective positions) Randolph, Ayala, McNair, Howson, and some promising players in Fry, Coulson, Spence etc, but we need new blood and a change of philosophy as we play with little more than hope - hope that we can hold out, hope we get a lucky break and hope we bore our opponents to tears. Their doesn't appear to be any other gameplan other than when we go behind to chuck an attacking player on and hope we nick a point.

Lots of positives with regards to results of late, but actual performances in regards to attacking play and looking like we are meant to be at this level, are leaving a lot to be desired.

Great point, one defeat in five.....onwards and upwards to Swansea on Saturday.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I wasn’t having a go at you Brunners or anyone in particular. I respect your opinion. 
I just think that a rookie manager deserves our support 

Oh no I know that mate, and I do think Woody should at times get more credit than he does.

Having said that, I think you have to be able to give him criticism as well and I think surely even you would agree that we set out too negative until we went a goal down, wouldn't you?

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Oh no I know that mate, and I do think Woody should at times get more credit than he does.

Having said that, I think you have to be able to give him criticism as well and I think surely even you would agree that we set out too negative until we went a goal down, wouldn't you?

No not really 😂 I thought we were doing alright given the circumstances 

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

We only tried for 20 mins and we scored once and they scored zero so why would we have been trounced?  By my reckoning we'd have won four and a half to nil playing that way for 90 mins and that would have been our best win of the season 🤓

• Haha 1