oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-1 (McNair pen)

I didn't notice anyone on here suggesting we should have been attacking for 90 minutes, maybe some people just wanted a bit more balance between attack and defense. 

It was a good point away from home, we looked decent in the last 20 minutes and I thought we actually defended well before that as well. I'm not going to pretend that we looked anything other than a Pulis team last night though.

I'll accept Pulis style football for now because we are lacking players and points are vital, but at some point there needs to be a slight transition in style. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We sat back, conceded chances not goals but frustrated Forest and got their fans annoyed,luckily didnt concede then came out and salvaged an unlikely draw....sounds like how lots of teams have come to

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out. Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker. We w

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins.    HOWEVER There are a lot of positives from that game  - The result- very few thought wed get anything from

Posted Images

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out.

Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker.

We were compact in the middle of midfield and won our battles, but what was concerning was the amount of crosses coming into our box because Forest full backs were getting beyond our full backs - that shouldn't happen in a 3-5-2 formation.

For people calling for Walker to start, i just don't understand. We absolutely do not want to ruin this kid and at the moment i think Woodgate is doing the right thing by giving him experience as a sub and trying to remain solid until introducing him. Walker is very very raw with bags of potential but starting him could ruin him especially when we are not creating many opportunities.

Giving the injuries etc, i was over the merry moon with the result and i actually thought Woody got his tactics right (1st time i have ever said that). Maybe, just maybe we are turning the corner and a decent result against Swansea then it has been a successful week in my opinion.

BTW, should be on another threat but cant be bothered repeating myself but a Boro scout was at Hartlepool last night watching Randall Williams from Exeter like i said last week.

I have heard 3 loan signings and we are working on a deal to bring back Ben Gibson on loan. - Randolph will be sacrificed for our January business but i am told we are looking for another keeper to replace.

• Like 5

Having slept on it still happy with the point but why oh why did we play Pulis style football for so long last night?

Setting out simply not to lose a game is fraught with dangers and we clearly showed we were the better team after we went behind, and that is the part that irks me!

Some reports have given Ayala MOTM, this bloke has to be offered a renewed, improved terms to keep him at our football club

He gives everything for the Boro, has since the day he signed & scored on his debut

Please Gibbo, look at the bigger picture, lets keep Ayala, UTMB 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

We are only 13 points from a play off spot with half the season left.

Now that's optimism!

Great result in the circumstances, good last 20 minutes, but our team does not work with a lone striker. Surely Woody can see that. If we don't bring in attacking reinforcements in January (I agree it's best not to rush Walker's development), we're going to have a lot more performances like the first 70 minutes last night.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, boronutter said:

some people are willing woody to fail,which are sad individuals imho,a point agaist a top 6 team seems is not enough for some

It’s just taking time to adjust to our new position as a club because not long ago we expected to be competitive and confident in beating the top six teams 

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Now that's optimism!

Great result in the circumstances, good last 20 minutes, but our team does not work with a lone striker. Surely Woody can see that. If we don't bring in attacking reinforcements in January (I agree it's best not to rush Walker's development), we're going to have a lot more performances like the first 70 minutes last night.

Totaly agree, the days of lone strikers went out with the trolly bus and gas lamps. 

Any point away from home is a good one in our position, no matter the performance... Swansea are winless in 5 and I will be watching the Swansea vs Blackburn game tonight to see if they can turn their form around or whether it's up to Boro to reboot Swansea's season for them 🙃

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just saw the replay of the penalty award. Was it even a penalty? Looked like a tight call between a free-kick and a penalty.

I've just watched it back as well and think it definitely looks like a penalty... Plus reading the Forest forum they believe it was awarded correctly mostly blaming Robinson for a very poor challenge. Credit to McNair as both the defense splitting pass and penalty are spot on! 

24 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

I've just watched it back as well and think it definitely looks like a penalty... Plus reading the Forest forum they believe it was awarded correctly mostly blaming Robinson for a very poor challenge. Credit to McNair as both the defense splitting pass and penalty are spot on! 

Even at this early stage of the campaign, I think the Player of the Season award is Paddy's to lose.

4 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I have heard 3 loan signings and we are working on a deal to bring back Ben Gibson on loan. - Randolph will be sacrificed for our January business but i am told we are looking for another keeper to replace.

It's worth examining this if it turns out to be true.  We're selling a player to fund loan signings 🤨