oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-1 (McNair pen)

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We sat back, conceded chances not goals but frustrated Forest and got their fans annoyed,luckily didnt concede then came out and salvaged an unlikely draw....sounds like how lots of teams have come to

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out. Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker. We w

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins.    HOWEVER There are a lot of positives from that game  - The result- very few thought wed get anything from

Posted Images

Average performance but a vital point against a top six side.  Well happy with that as I expected us to lose. Anyone who doesn't think this is a good result given our position in the leauge needs to give there head a shake.  You can all slam Woodgate but he went back to two up top before we got the penalty and went more attacking so he does deserve some credit for at least having a go and then getting some luck. 

• Like 2

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins. 

HOWEVER

There are a lot of positives from that game 

- The result- very few thought wed get anything from this, weve got a point. Could be massive

- the reaction when we went down- couple of good substitutions from woodgate and a complete mentality switch. 

- we are absolutely injury torn and playing away from home against one of the divisions top sides and had 6 academy players on the pitch and came away with something. Regardless of how we got it, that's to be admired.

• Like 5

Was listening in the background of doing other things, have to say from my POV I'm delighted with that point, great result all things considered. It's without context of the performance and everything else but no doubt about it in my eyes, right now Forest should be beating us and we've snatched something out of it, roll on the weekend!

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Delighted with the point, very frustrated with the performance.

I hope that final 20 minutes is evidence to Woodgate that it's much better to actually play football than come and try and Pulis your way into a result. 

After they scored and we started to get a bit more expansive they didn't even threaten again really, apart from a couple crosses that Pears claimed well. 

The way we tried in that final 20 minutes just pisses me off more that we played so badly for the first 70.

What an unlikely point. Not deserved at all up until 70 mins but we changed tactics and stepped it up. Still needed a piece of brilliance from McNair. We need to play on the front foot from the start and stop playing like a relegated team like the first 70 mins today. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins. 

HOWEVER

There are a lot of positives from that game 

- The result- very few thought wed get anything from this, weve got a point. Could be massive

- the reaction when we went down- couple of good substitutions from woodgate and a complete mentality switch. 

- we are absolutely injury torn and playing away from home against one of the divisions top sides and had 6 academy players on the pitch and came away with something. Regardless of how we got it, that's to be admired.

I thought we'd win 7-0 so I'm disappointed.

Excellent point away at a ground that has been awful for us. 

Still lots of work needed as we looked pretty poor until Forest went a goal up. Then we seemed to play with a bit of pace and urgency attacking wise, which we looked a lot better for. 

On to the next. Hopefully Woodgate takes the last 20 mins or so and starts the next game with that tactic and intent.