oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-1 (McNair pen)

According to BBC both sides had 9 shots with 3 on target.....so why did it seem as though we were under fire most of time....possession 60/40..so not totally swamped.....maybe it was the continual corners......still a point there is a nice change ...hopefully repeated at Swansea

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We sat back, conceded chances not goals but frustrated Forest and got their fans annoyed,luckily didnt concede then came out and salvaged an unlikely draw....sounds like how lots of teams have come to

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out. Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker. We w

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins.    HOWEVER There are a lot of positives from that game  - The result- very few thought wed get anything from

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

I've just been a bit sick in my mouth when he said 'Middlesbroughs revival under Woodgate continues' 😅 

A good point which we probably don't deserve but I won't lose any sleep over that! 

Lol in fairness it is technically only one defeat in 6 now, if you really wanna put positive spin on it.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Average performance but a vital point against a top six side.  Well happy with that as I expected us to lose. Anyone who doesn't think this is a good result given our position in the leauge needs to give there head a shake. 

Everyone thinks the result is good but surely no one thinks the first 70 mins is remotely acceptable. One of the most dire performances I’ve seen in a long time. 

Just now, Borodane said:

Everyone thinks the result is good but surely no one thinks the first 70 mins is remotely acceptable. One of the most dire performances I’ve seen in a long time. 

Like I said, I'm going to hold out some vain hope that he recognises the better play in the final 20 with the change in shape and intensity. I know it's probably overly optimistic, but I gotta try and retain some optimism!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

According to BBC both sides had 9 shots with 3 on target.....so why did it seem as though we were under fire most of time....possession 60/40..so not totally swamped.....maybe it was the continual corners......still a point there is a nice change ...hopefully repeated at Swansea

I think the possession figures changed a bit as the game wore on.  They were weighted more in Forest's favour earlier on as were the shot totals.

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeh and we got a point... Sure we need to be better and I agree with you at times we ain't great but we got a point when no one expected us too.  Two unbeatan now it's a nice feeling. 1 loss in 6 isn't to shabby and we got ripped apart by Leeds deservedly so. 

• Like 1

That’s a good result tonight that most would have taken before kick off. We are showing signs that Woodgate is actually learning as he’s going along. Hopefully he will continue to improve.

The result's great away at the City Ground a point's a very good return in my opinion.

The flipside is that mythical 'turning point' that the Charlton win supposedly was I'd suggest wasn't we flailed around for alot of the game maybe 60 minutes we spent chasing the ball and shadows, still lack a pattern and purpose in our play we were better in the last 15 snatching a point's always handy but his winless away record stretches on realistically he might not get an away win until January it's a massive big picture red flag.