oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest (A) 1-1 (McNair pen)

Match-day Thread - Nottingham Forest V's Middlesbrough 

1273586166_MatchdayThreadForest.thumb.png.f352ffe703176c77125689713ffde1b5.png

Sorry but the superstitious side of me insisted I must proceed with the newspaper format once again 🙂

View from the other side:

Forest Banter - http://www.forestforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6&s=eaaf59d3d33b909aea2fee8234d5c5a4 

Vital Forest - https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/prediction-league-game-23-forest-v-middlesboro.100669/ (Prediction's)

Questions:

1) Match Result?

2) With Britt seeing leaving on crutches after the Charlton game - Do we keep the same formation and if so, does Gestede or Walker start?

3) Adomah back facing the Boro in a Forest shirt. Money aside, would you have him back in January?

4) Best debut you have seen?

• Like 3
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We sat back, conceded chances not goals but frustrated Forest and got their fans annoyed,luckily didnt concede then came out and salvaged an unlikely draw....sounds like how lots of teams have come to

Personally, i dont think we played as bad as people are making out. Yes, we didnt create many opportunities but that was always going to happen with having Fletcher as the lone striker. We w

No getting away from how poorly we were set up for that first 60 mins.    HOWEVER There are a lot of positives from that game  - The result- very few thought wed get anything from

Posted Images

7-0 Boro.  Goal machine George Saville to net one while Coulson and Spence each grab a hat-trick.  Denzel to cry his eyes out into his Leeds United duvet and pillow case set whilst mumbling 'Marching On Together' and slowly rocking himself.

• Haha 2

Positive. At home coming off a win. Forest drew there last game. 
Negative. Forest are 13 points better off and 5th in the league. Forest have a better goal difference of +10 being, 20 better than Boro on -10. 

if I was a betting man it has to be a Forest win by 2 clear goals min. 

• Like 1

Wow - you're keen FB! But then I suppose wins do that to you.

1) Match Result?

As Rioch's Braves said, Boro very rarely do well at Forest...even when we've been able to name a full strength team. They've been going pretty well so far this season, so I can't see beyond a home win...and a fairly comfortable one at that, given Boro's injury crisis.

Prediction: Forest 3 - 0 Boro  

2) With Britt seeing leaving on crutches after the Charlton game - Do we keep the same formation and if so, does Gestede or Walker start?

Given the spirited performance the lads put in against Charlton, they deserve to start again - after all its not like we have many better options available. 

That said, I would put Gestede in ahead of Walker, purely for his greater experience, despite his lack of match fitness...but I'd definitely have Walker on the bench.

3) Adomah back facing the Boro in a Forest shirt. Money aside, would you have him back in January?

In a heartbeat! AA is one of the best signings we've made in the last 10 years. A fine servant for the club and I was very sorry to see him go. Sadly I fear he will be one of our tormentors-in-chief. If he doesn't score against us, you can guarantee he will at least set one up.

4) Best debut you have seen?

I thought Djed (is that really spelt with a "D"?) Spence did himself proud. Seems to be the way that we don't produce wingers / wing backs very often, but when we do they tend to be a bit special.

Looking forward to reading the Forest forums nearer the time to see how many they think they'll win by...

• Like 1

Ha I thought everyone myself included would be more excited on the back of a win. 
I agree with everything you said. Same formation/team with Gestede in if Britt is injured. 
I do have slightly more optimism however currently believing we could get 2-1 from this game if we can keep Grabben quiet. 

Oh yeah, best debuts.  I suppose Ravanelli has to be up there with a hat-trick.  I also seem to remember Schwarzer in that same season having a good game in the first leg of the League Cup semi final at Stockport.  Pretty big game to make your debut in and the conditions were bad.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Ravinelli is a good shout Marco Branca scoring the 2nd in the semi final against Liverpool, and Festa scoring against Sheff Wed, when we realized we'd actually signed an excellent Italian defender.

Oh yeah two good ones there mate 👍

Alen Boksic v Coventry for very good debuts. That man had some sublime tekkers 

Also French Franck. Debut goal v Sunderland and i just had a feeling he was gonna go on to be cult hero from that moment. Was gutted when we sold him to Fulham.

14 hours ago, Changing Times said:

7-0 Boro.  Goal machine George Saville to net one while Coulson and Spence each grab a hat-trick.  Denzel to cry his eyes out into his Leeds United duvet and pillow case set whilst mumbling 'Marching On Together' and slowly rocking himself.

Lol.

The City Ground is not a happy place for us. Add to that all the injuries and the fact we're more than likely missing noted goal machine Britt Assombalonga, think we'll be lucky to score let alone get a result.

2-0 to Forest and the Boro back to square one.

Oh and best debut has to be Ravanelli vs Liverpool by a country mile.

I think there s some uncertainty about what we can do not just us fans but the opposing Managers as well and this could do us a favour.

Will be happy with an away point but we are due an away win so why not?