oneBoro Forum

MFC Player of the Season

Actually HH, Strachan called O'Neil the best midfielder in the Championship. He's a good midfielder but lacks too much to be the best even in this league. That's where I feel he is overrated.

I have to admit to feeling that O'Neil was largely ineffective for us last season, but from reports seemed to be our all action man in this division and was starting to win me over. Each time I've seen him play, other than one game earlier in the season, he leaves me highly frustrated.

Fair point about Tuncay, 3 games isn't enough to consider him for this season.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

fair enough, I didn't realise strachan said that. that is over-rating. look at nolan at newcastle, he's scored double figures and does the dirty work too.

Barry may be able to do that for us next season... fingers crossed he can keep it up.

Robson is classes better than Nolan. He would have set this league on fire if he played for Newcastle

He is to good for this league and he is way to good for Scotland. Find it surprising that he dident play all that much under Strachan for Celtic

I think injury stopped Robson from playing as much football in his time with Strachan at Celtic. There's no doubt he's a quality player and if we can get a few more with the quality, fight and drive he shows then I think we'll be alright next season.

I think it's a really tough question that if you consider the amount of players we have used this season.

O'Neil and Jinky were outstanding at the start of the season.

Robson and Franks have been great in the latter part of the season.

Wheater and Rhys Williams have shown glimpses through the season.

I think for overall contribution it surely has to be Johnson?

Well he probably will end up being leading scorer for the season but I do not think its fair to consider players who have moved on half way through the season. Time to write off our links with AJ and vote for current and consistant performances. Barry Robnson stands out!!

Actually HH, Strachan called O'Neil the best midfielder in the Championship. He's a good midfielder but lacks too much to be the best even in this league. That's where I feel he is overrated.

I have to admit to feeling that O'Neil was largely ineffective for us last season, but from reports seemed to be our all action man in this division and was starting to win me over. Each time I've seen him play, other than one game earlier in the season, he leaves me highly frustrated.

Fair point about Tuncay, 3 games isn't enough to consider him for this season.

I'm sure it was Southgate that said O'Neil was the best midfielder in the championship and not Strachan!

Strachan has said O'Neil is the best Midfielder in this division.

And Johnson for FPOTS, I Dont think so. He went missing too many times when we needed him especially at home. He was played instead of Yeates after Yeats had demolished QPR and was terrible. I know he scored goals but to be named FPOTS you have to do much more than that.

About the only player who has been around all season is Wheater and although he has had a poor season; when you take into consideration how many different partners he has had; and how many different back four line ups there have been; he has done well. Ok; not well enough to warrant FPOTS but who has really.

For different reasons I dont think Robson has done enough either. He has not been here long enough.

Maybe it would be better not to have a vote this season at all.

Well if I was to vote I would vote for Lita he stands out by miles against everyone else.

Has a consistantly bad player. :D

Well if I was to vote I would vote for Lita he stands out by miles against everyone else.

Has a consistantly bad player. :D

Surely not above the likes of Ali, Emnes and Hoyte though shirley!!! :D

Hey TP Ali/Emnes have'nt even put a decent shift in yet to even be in the voting.

Hoyte for me has been a soldier this season.

When you think the previous manager bought him and then left him to rot in the reserves.

Strachan has got some good games out of him so I reckon his is far better than Lita. :D

And don't keep calling me shirley people will start to talk.:D

mmm id like the player of the season to have played for the entire season, like someone says that the players highest (so far) have played 1/2 a season is shameful on those who have played all year. however at the same time the best players have been johnson and robson... i dont kow haha