oneBoro Forum

Next 5 games

How will the Christmas month, including the new years clash with Preston,  be for Boro?

How many points will we get, you think?

Swansea A 
Stoke H
Huddersfield H
WBA A
PNE A 

Win the 2 home games and avoid hammerings in the 3 away games, maybe nick a point would be a very good outcome, I think.

#UTB

I'll say one home win, a 'shock' away win, a home draw and two away defeats where we don't score and don't look like scoring. Seven points, lower mid-table mediocrity and a growing sense of fatigue among the supporters. But I am increasingly confident we can avoid relegation (this season, at least), since the defence is improving and Coulson/Spence give me hope that we can eventually banish the spectre of Pulisball.

• Like 1

All 3 of those away games are tough. Picking up 2 points from those would be good.

I think we have to look at winning both the home games though. So 8 points would be a great return. I don't see us coming out of that with only losing 1 game, though.

10 hours ago, SmogDane said:

How will the Christmas month, including the new years clash with Preston,  be for Boro?

Swansea A 
Stoke H
Huddersfield H
WBA A
PNE A 

Win the 2 home games and avoid hammerings in the 3 away games, maybe nick a point would be a very good outcome, I think.

#UTB

Well...provided we can sustain our current "difficult to beat" mode, I could see the following:

Swansea (A) - Draw

Stoke (H) - Win

Huddersfield (H) - Win

West Brom (A) - Lose

Preston (A) - Draw

So 8 points out of a possible 15. Pretty decent return and it should see us remain lower mid-table. Just comfortably clear of the relegation places anyway.

The two home games are absolutely key to this month. We need to get 6 points out of those imo.

I think we might nick something at Swansea, lose to wba and with Preston it really depends on what preston turns up, but we could nick a point there too.

7 or 8 points for me.

4-5 points.

Draw against Stoke as they are on the up (would be delighted to be proved wrong, though). We desperately need to win against Huddersfield and that's our best chance for a win from this batch of games. Could see us potentially nicking a point at Preston. Can't see us getting anything from Swansea or West Brom. 

On 12/11/2019 at 11:50 PM, SmogDane said:

Swansea A 
Stoke H
Huddersfield H
WBA A
PNE A 

#UTB

7 points

Swansea A = 1 point
Stoke H = 3 points
Huddersfield H = 3 points
WBA A = 0 points
PNE A  = 0 points