Boro V Sheffield Wednesday

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think the future will be bright under Strachan - he has got us conceeding fewer goals and we are hard to beat. Too many draws at the moment but I'm sure he will get things sorted in the summer.

Swansea have Barnsley and Doncaster at home and Sheff United away so seemingly an easier run in all they need is one win if we dont win all remaining matches but hopefully WBA will not be too bothered next week

Swansea have Barnsley and Doncaster at home and Sheff United away so seemingly an easier run in all they need is one win if we dont win all remaining matches but hopefully WBA will not be too bothered next week

Maybe they won't be trying too hard............they could still win the league, but I doubt it and probably so do they, the Mags will be trying for that trophy won't they.

My you are a ray of sunshine me old china plate.I don't think Doncaster

will be that easy,they gave WBA a tense afternoon today.Scored 2,& Swansea's defence a little shaky at times.The Blades will give 'em a fight as well.

I think todays results will give the lads a lift.Boro just have to concentrate on what they are doing.Let the the others worry about The Boro.

I quote "Candide"

"Anything is possible in the best of all possible worlds".

Not the best of games but a hard fought win.

I do think some people need a reality check.I listened to the phone in on the way home which featured a couple of complaints about the standard of fare.

This is the Championship-not the bloody Champions League semi final.It's a bloody long hard slog over 46 games and involves many games where you have to grind it out.

I thought Mcdonalds overall performance was much better today and he showed some nice touches and intelligent movement off the ball.Mcmanus Robson Wheater williams and McDonald is a good spine certainly at this level.

Ok; good result especially as they were the much better team at the start. I know its the championship but I go along to be entertained first and foremost and that was anything but entertaining.

I think Arca did ok yesterday and wish people would stay off his back. His best days for us were with Rocky until he was deliberately injured during the Sunderland match. Maybe it is too late now but why have we never given him a run at left back; which is why we bought him in the first place; and where he played his best for Sunderland.

I think Hoyte did ok also but it would seem he is never given the ball at the right time when he is yards of space. Instead he is given the ball when Mcdonald would have been the better option. If Hoyte was to be given a fair crack at right back and we could get a decent right sided attacking midfielder; or old fashioned right winger who would also fill in for Hoyte when he is forward; I think we would see the best of Hoyte because he is better going forward than he is defending. Then; isnt the best form of defence attack.

The three points are welcome but I want to see some decent football.

BL, stop support Boro :-P This is as good it will get. I am happy as long as we win. I havent been entertained watching Boro since well never, I was to young when Charlton was here lol ;)

Victories gives me joy and thats all I ask for :)

BL, stop support Boro :-P This is as good it will get. I am happy as long as we win. I havent been entertained watching Boro since well never, I was to young when Charlton was here lol ;)

Victories gives me joy and thats all I ask for :)

I think that's a very good sentiment LS. Once you've picked your team that's it, you get what you get... otherwise every bugger would support one of the top 4! :D

Have to agree with S'Man.Some folk really expect champagne soccer in the CCC,with Messi coming off the bench to put the cherry on the cake.

It ain't gonna happen:exclamation:

Would also agree with Legend about Arca at left back.I remember Stewy playing his best games with him there.Plus he hasn't got the Rock playing next to him midfield.So he don't look pretty.When Naughton goes back,you will need an experienced full back.Arca fits the bill & will bring the young uns thru.

As I & others have said,the lads are getting harder to beat.Alas it may be too late,but I can see the nucleus of a good side coming thru.Finish as high as we can for a launchpad for next season.