oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea (A) 1-3 (Tavernier)

Since losing at home to WBA 1-0 in the final minute, on the 19th October, the Boro have played 9 games losing 2 of those games, we now sit 4 points above the relegation zone with a better GD than the bottom 4 teams, things are certainly looking better than a few weeks back

Swansea, sitting in 11th place on 31 points are winless in the last 5 games, Boro are faring better with 2 wins, 2 draws & a loss over the same period

The academy players who have been introduced this season have played their part, but the main area we are struggling with, which needs to be addressed in January, is that of a goalscorer

Pears is deputising well in goal, Spence has come in & done a commanding job, Coulson who has performed so well this season, along with some of the experienced players, McNair continues to improve & excel in his midfield role, not only making that excellent pass leading up to the penalty but converted the spot kick himself, Ayala a commanding centre half, who, IMHO, is a must to be kept & offered a new improved contract 

Are we slowly seeing the Boro turn the corner? Are we starting to gel as a uit 

The 1st fixture away to Swansea City was on the 12th September 1925, Boro losing 4-0

Swansea City v Boro fixture will be the 47th fixture in South Wales between the 2 teams with the following record:

Won 19

Drew 10

Lost 17

Goals scored - 94

Goals against - 83

Did you know:

18th December 1926 Boro 7 Swansea 1 & 21st March 1959 Boro 6 Swansea 2 both George Camsell & Brian Clough scored 4 goals each

After signing for Middlesbrough on a wage of £25 a week, Mel Nurse made his debut against Grimsby Town in a 4–3 victory. Within a week of joining the Boro he was made captain, during a night out in his time at the Boro, Mel Nurse was once mistaken for train robber Ronnie Biggs, he was pulled over by police & questioned before his real identity was established

Some players who played for both clubs:

Bill Harris - Born in Swansea & signed for them when leaving schoo but never made any 1st team appearances, signed for Middlesbrough & between, 1954 - 65, played 378 games, scoring 72 goals

Mel Nurse - 256 appearances for Swansea scoring 19 goals, 113 for Swansea scoring 8 goals

Phil Boersma - 47 appearances for the Boro scoring 3 goals, 18 for Swansea scoring one goal

John Mahoney 77 appearances for the Boro scoring 1 goal, 110 for Swansea scoring one goal

Dimi Konstantopoulos - Played 4 games on loan in season 2008-09, played 98 games for the Boro between 2013-2019

Danny Graham - 33 appearances for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, 54 appearances for Swansea scoring 15 goals

Leroy Lita - 78 appearances for the Boro scoring 20 goals, 18 for Swansea scoring 2 goals

Marvin Emnes - 141 appearances for the Boro, scoring 24 goals , 11 appearances over 2 different seasons scoring 3 goals, one being a match winner v Cardiff

Kyle Naughton - 15 appearances on loan for the Boro, no goals, 151 for Swansea scoring 3 goals

Connor Roberts - A season long loan from Swansea last only one loan appearance for the Boro, his contract was terminated & he returned to Swansea, 66 games for Swansea, scoring 5 goals

• Like 7
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since losing at home to WBA 1-0 in the final minute, on the 19th October, the Boro have played 9 games losing 2 of those games, we now sit 4 points above the relegation zone with a better GD than the

I feel like it could be another 7-0 win for us, I really do.

Yes, he started it by blaming the ref for not giving us decisions. 

Posted Images

Great OP Erimus, thank you!

The match day threads start off in the general Boro forum and then when the shelf life seems to be over I move them to the match day thread home section for referral purposes like current form through recent results. I wondered where the thread was but then saw your entry in the home for match day thread section.

Swansea having issues at the moment maybe our first away win of the season is looming as I refuse to believe we will not get an away win this term!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Great OP Erimus, thank you!

The match day threads start off in the general Boro forum and then when the shelf life seems to be over I move them to the match day thread home section for referral purposes like current form through recent results. I wondered where the thread was but then saw your entry in the home for match day thread section.

Swansea having issues at the moment maybe our first away win of the season is looming as I refuse to believe we will not get an away win this term!

Cheers, still finding my way around this very well, too well for me, organised forum,  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can see us getting a draw (hopefully) from this game which I would see as a very decent away result. Britt likely not to feature or at least start the game, so the team is going to be set-up very similar to the Forrest game. We could possibly see Johnson starting ahead of Coulson and Wing replacing Saville. 

5 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

A draw will be good although not over confident of getting one.

Any news on Britt? When it goes quiet it could mean a more serious injury and a longer term absence. 

Hope that's not the case. 

Not as serious as first thought and remains 50/50 for the game. Woodgate stating he won't risk him if he isn't 100% fit. 

I have a feeling we will get something out of this game. I do fancy us to get at least a draw. Possibly even nick it. It certainly will not be easy, but I do feel it's possible.

Just had a quick look at the form guide over the last 6 games. I know it's not the be all and end all but Boro are actually listed in 12th place. Swansea 22nd.

Hope we can prove that stat at the weekend.

Edited by BoroAbroad
Update

I think I share the general feeling of optimism about this one.

As Erimus74 pointed out, Swansea have been going through a bit of a rough patch, losing 3 and drawing 2 of their last 5 games. After our showing at Forest, I don't see why we can't continue that run.

Overall the Swans' record is a mixed bag (W8 D7 L6) and they have a neutral GD, conceding as many as they've scored.

I'm not quite optimistic enough to say we'll win, but I would definitely hope we can get a point.

Prediction: Swansea 1 - 1 Boro

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FamilyBoro said:

Not as serious as first thought and remains 50/50 for the game. Woodgate stating he won't risk him if he isn't 100% fit. 

Woodgate's 50/50s are useless though.

Randolph was 50/50 and then it turns out he was out injured for a month.

This is the kind of game where we have to play like the final 20 mins at Forest. Swansea will be desperate to get back on track so all the pressure is on them. I would drop Clayton and put someone next to Fletcher. Woody has to show some ambition in this game and show that he actually is ready to go for the three points.

• Like 1