oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea (A) 1-3 (Tavernier)

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

You know I reckon 100% Woodgate won't even be debriefing the goals in this detail explaining to each player what they should of done in this situation to stop the goal from occuring

The daft thing is that Swansea have 7 people forward in that attack and we have 8 people back, 9 including Pears.  Yet they have two players who are unmarked - their lad in the middle who plays the pass to Ayew and another player who isn't in the screenshot who is over on the opposite side of the field.  I think it's Johnson who is over there but there are two Swansea players for him to keep an eye on.  Even when the ball gets played into him, Saville doesn't really go to press him, he actually holds his ground and I have no idea why because he isn't doing anything useful.

• Like 2
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since losing at home to WBA 1-0 in the final minute, on the 19th October, the Boro have played 9 games losing 2 of those games, we now sit 4 points above the relegation zone with a better GD than the

I feel like it could be another 7-0 win for us, I really do.

Yes, he started it by blaming the ref for not giving us decisions. 

Posted Images

My first reaction on 1 watch through with McNair was he clipped him in the side of the head out of frustration now why our manager couldn't even simply pull the 'I need to see it back' like he did with Saville at Derby,  instead of defending an ill disciplined lashout elbow by appealing it I have no clue. Our problem with ill discipline as we're in a relegation fight blows my mind but all we ever get from our manager is January, injuries, referee, I hate losing, Im from Teesside and it's all the players fault today not me oh no I've got an U8s game tonight my coachings infallible. He's not owned up after maulings, he's not reigned in clear discipline issues and somehow has stretched out the January reinforcements all we need line from mid November which even Pulis kept canned until just before Christmas.

He's 4 from 22, repeat that over the last 24 we'll get maybe 42 points I genuinely am worried about relegation still and the moron leading us through it is talking about appealing elbows, referees and the magical mystical January extravaganza.

Days like this I wish I drank...

• Like 1

Well Woodgate was clear when he was unveiled as manager that he wouldn’t stand for poor time keeping, wanted his players to wear suits, wouldn’t stand for indiscipline. That’s going well on the pitch isn’t it? I’m afraid he’s clueless. When he revealed what he said to Spence before his great debut 2 weeks ago I knew (even more) how out of his depth he is. He told him to “run at players and attack. And when you need to defend, defend. It’s not rocket science”. Wow. Just the coaching a young player needs. 

image.thumb.png.c127c90ceb21f4723c8b73ac1f134d2e.png

This is the build up to goal number three.  7 v 8 again I think unless there is a Swansea player over on the right that I can't see.  At this point we are ok and there's no easy path to goal for them or you'd think that anyway.  Ayala is a little deeper than he should be as the rest of the line are a couple of yards ahead of him but we are in ok shape at this point.

image.png.de2f0b5e5ebccd8cd97a00071512f82c.png

This is like a second later and now we have a problem.  Howson has let his man run off him but now Ayala effectively has two players to look after and because his starting point is a bit deeper than everyone else, there is space between him and Fry and the Swansea players are also going to be onside.  If Howson drops back and takes the man now next to him then we'll be ok but...

image.png.22a385984079195c4124f1830ed8b9bd.png

Another second or two along and we're screwed.  Howson is stood near the edge of the penalty area marking nobody but he is supposed to be the right back apparently.  Ayala has let his man get away from him because Howson's man took his attention away and Fry is trying to get back to Howson's man who is now in the middle.

Howson should have dropped back and tucked in to position himself where Ayala's man is.  If he does this he intercepts the knock down and the danger is cleared.  Ayala would then be free to follow Howson's man instead of being stuck between the two of them.  A right back shouldn't be near the edge of the penalty area when a knockdown is occurring  5 yards behind him.  This isn't hindsight.  He's positioned himself in such a way that he is of no use to us at all.  Unless the ball somehow comes directly to him he has taken himself out of the game completely.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yeah but maybe he doesn’t have FM20. CT does 😂

With that and my Subbuteo set I can do just about anything 👍

And now I can do these screen grab things and it's like a whole new world is opening up right in front of me.  These dark times for Boro could be wonderful times for me 🤓

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

With that and my Subbuteo set I can do just about anything 👍

And now I can do these screen grab things and it's like a whole new world is opening up right in front of me.  These dark times for Boro could be wonderful times for me 🤓

What are you like on PowerPoint? We might be looking for a new manager soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes ill discipline probably cost us the game, but how the f##k Woody has the audacity to say we were the better team before that is beyond me! What the hell was he watching?

Blamed the referee for the 3 decisions when I thought the refferee got all 3 decisions correctly.

Completely inept and the ill discipline is down to woody and his coaching staff. Wouldn't surprise me Woody asking players to get sent off so he can fine them and save bit of money on the wages for his bum chum messiah Mr Gibson.

I am sick to death of the same *** house poor excuses every week from Woody. 

Buckle up fans as he is here to stay at least until March international break.

Ps before I finish my rant - evening Gazette, BBC tees are both sh*t houses and completely disrespecting the fans. Grow some balls and come out and tell the truth of how you really feel and stop brown nosing the club because you are afraid of being punished by Mr Gibson again.

Massive game against Stoke Friday awaits us! 

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Just another one to add to the ‘unlucky’ list...

It's becoming quite comical now isn't it seeing Woody come up with the same excuses and then the player doing the player reaction more or less saying the same thing lol

4 wins all season is a joke. 

Any other manager that wasnt Woodgate would be long gone by now. 

In the summer, fair enough, give a rookie a chance. But by christmas time more damage will be done by not getting rid of him. 

It is a results business. Repeat. It is a results business. 

Woodgate should do the best thing for our CLUB and walk away. Admit defeat and that he was out of his depth. 

Gibson should have done this weeks ago. But alas. Here we are. 

4 wins all season. 5 points off rock bottom. With the squad we have????

Just when will the tipping point be?

• Like 2

I've given the board a bit of a break from my rantings so apologies in advance for those of you who'll read this. 

I'm so so sick of how amateurish this club is being run right now. Honestly this season is the first where results don't even particularly bother me anymore, honestly id forgotten about the result until my dad told me about it. 

This season is absolute car crash. The summer should've been the perfect time and opportunity to bring in a decent manager who can work with low budgets, but instead we've just wasted it on an amateur who's almost been given a blank card to do what he likes with little repercussions from the above because it would mean Steve having to admit he was wrong. 

Having to rely on untested youth just simply because successive managers have spunked money on absolutely awful players, and the top brass have refused to intervene, or at worst they've encouraged these signings. 

I'm so fed up with this appointment in particular, because I can't see how any other manager who's only produced 4 wins this close to Christmas would stay in a job, with his only main attribute being that he's a Teesside lad. 

And that brings me to the Crux of the problem. The parochialism, the whole "local lad, he's a local lad, proper Boro, Boro through and through him" is killing the club. Karanka, an outside appointment was the first time the club seemed to be even vaguely professional, yet after being failed in the Transfer window, he was sacked and replaced with a god awful manager in Steve Agnew. 

The club's transfer policy refuses to look further than the south coast for players, yet some of our best value players were overseas. 

Club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom at this moment and nothing at all will change. Well just plod on from loss to loss to draw to unconvincing win. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Buckle up fans as he is here to stay at least until March international break.

The March international break is far too late. We may not quite be relegated yet then from a mathematical point of view, but we will be in practical terms. We only have 6 matches left at that point, some of which are against teams who may well be fighting for a play off spot. If he thinks someone will come in and win all 6 games and save us then he is totally deluded.  

(I know you know this anyway... I am just seriously struggling to see any logic in Gibbo's thinking)