• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since losing at home to WBA 1-0 in the final minute, on the 19th October, the Boro have played 9 games losing 2 of those games, we now sit 4 points above the relegation zone with a better GD than the

I feel like it could be another 7-0 win for us, I really do.

Yes, he started it by blaming the ref for not giving us decisions. 

Posted Images

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

He says after he’s the one who revealed the information in the first place, thereby inviting speculation 

Haha, speculate all you want. I won't confirm if any names posted are correct or not. It's not really hard to guess though.

7 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Pears is not a bad keeper, he's just not ready for the Championship.

Why on earth we're not playing Mejias instead I have no idea, the guy has PL experience FFS!

Cos he's not very good?

He has one of those novelty mugs at home but instead of 'Worlds Best Dad' it has 'World's Best Third String Keeper' on it.

Edited by Changing Times
8 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It certainly doesn't help that there's one very popular player amongst the squad who is currently pursuing legal action against the club.

Morale is at an all time low.

It must feel weird for Gibson with us getting sued instead of it being the other way around.

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

Gibbo's preparing to fold the club up. That's the only logical explanation. The January window will be interesting...

The possibility that Gibbo is gradually winding things up in preparation for administration has occurred to me. I've been trying to push the thought away since the summer. There has been a lot of "woe is me, I've been doing everything by the rules and all these other mean clubs are cheating and making it impossible for us to compete financially" stuff coming out since last Spring. If he spins a good enough tale then a lot of fans will still see him as a hero for saving the club in 86 and giving them all these extra years. We get annoyed on here about all the lies and spin which come out of the club, but there are a lot of fans who lap it all up and believe everything they are told.  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, White Band said:

The possibility that Gibbo is gradually winding things up in preparation for administration has occurred to me. I've been trying to push the thought away since the summer. There has been a lot of "woe is me, I've been doing everything by the rules and all these other mean clubs are cheating and making it impossible for us to compete financially" stuff coming out since last Spring. If he spins a good enough tale then a lot of fans will still see him as a hero for saving the club in 86 and giving them all these extra years. We get annoyed on here about all the lies and spin which come out of the club, but there are a lot of fans who lap it all up and believe everything they are told.  

The bulk of the money the club owes is to Gibson O'Neill so he won't be putting us into administration.  Our outgoings are too high and really administration isn't going to help much with that.  We either have to reduce costs or increase revenue.  It's easier to do the former than the latter although selling some players will obviously help with that.  That's what we're doing at the moment.

9 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

That is a very good question. The phrase rats and sinking ship comes to mind. I wonder how many players would do a runner in January should they be given the option?

I think its, we're having to throw young players in desperate to make an impression and overdoing it

14 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Getting Leo back was a joke the moment it was announced, it was so obvious why the club went for him. Someone posted on here that we wanted him back as keeper coach but he refused so we just offered first team coach job, if that’s true then it’s even worse.

If one thing does my head in as much as our local obsession it’s our equally bad obsession with former employees. Even our one target for DoF job was an ex employee. If we had got round in then that would have gave us a management team of 6, of which 4 being former players/coaches.

Its maddening how small our pool of options always seems to be, if there are rumours of a new ‘exciting’ backroom appointment you can almost guarantee it will be some uninspiringly boring ex/local.

I was just reading over the summer transfer window thread and I had one or two things to say about this in the summer 😡😀

I also found these two old posts of mine which I feel deserve to be highlighted for their prescience:

From the 25th of June:

I suspect that if Woodgate intends on us being a pressing / passing team (or whatever his intentions may be for us), that the majority of the players who are already here will be the players playing the bulk of the games.  I think we also have to consider that we must be desperate to get rid of some players and maybe we need to do that first before we sign their replacements?  And you've got to think that the likes of McNair, Tavernier and Fletcher are going to be used a lot more.  I wouldn't say they are like new signings or anything like that but I would see McNair as an obvious replacement for Besic and Tavernier to be used possibly in a variety of ways.  Fletcher takes one of the wide attacking positions and what are we looking for, another wide attacker and a full back or two?  I'm not saying that's how I'm looking at it, I'm just trying to look at it from the club's point of view.  So if we're only looking for a few players then things are more likely to be quiet as compared to previous windows.

And even earlier on the 14th of June:

It's part of our new philosophy.  Instead of having loads of right backs and one left back we are going to have loads of left backs and one right back. It's all change at Boro.

Absolutely nailed it, hurrah! ✌️

People really need to stop arguing with me now and just accept that I'm always right.

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Cos he's not very good?

He has one of those novelty mugs at home but instead of 'Worlds Best Dad' it has 'World's Best Third String Keeper' on it.

Savage! :classic_ohmy:

Still, maybe he'd get better if he could actually get some game time...even if it meant going out on loan.

19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The bulk of the money the club owes is to Gibson O'Neill so he won't be putting us into administration.  Our outgoings are too high and really administration isn't going to help much with that.  We either have to reduce costs or increase revenue.  It's easier to do the former than the latter although selling some players will obviously help with that.  That's what we're doing at the moment.

Spoken like a true Gazette journalist pouring oil over troubled waters 😉

I think we were far worse off after the strachan disaster, yes we hadn’t spent anywhere near as much but it’s all relative. The likes of Boyd, McDonald and Thomson were crippling our wage bill, however the big difference was they had zero resale value.

This time round I’d think we could bring in anywhere between £15-25m depending who we sell, add that to a drastically cut wage bill which will be minus the likes of Clayton, gestede, Britt, Randolph, howson, Ayala.

In simple terms we have the potential to raise around £20m through sales while also losing around £5m pa from the wage bill. I’m not to worried about our future financially speaking, in the very worst case scenario player sales will cover the full wage bill for the year. I realise though that would mean a massively low spending budget to replace these players.

38 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think we were far worse off after the strachan disaster, yes we hadn’t spent anywhere near as much but it’s all relative. The likes of Boyd, McDonald and Thomson were crippling our wage bill, however the big difference was they had zero resale value.

This time round I’d think we could bring in anywhere between £15-25m depending who we sell, add that to a drastically cut wage bill which will be minus the likes of Clayton, gestede, Britt, Randolph, howson, Ayala.

In simple terms we have the potential to raise around £20m through sales while also losing around £5m pa from the wage bill. I’m not to worried about our future financially speaking, in the very worst case scenario player sales will cover the full wage bill for the year. I realise though that would mean a massively low spending budget to replace these players.

This isn't the right thread for it but according to Rob on FMTTM, Neil Bausor reckons we're struggling to meet the FFP requirements never mind anything else.  That doesn't seem right to me but apparently that's how it is.