oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea (A) 1-3 (Tavernier)

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's the same team and formation as midweek only with Spence and Marv swapped.

(edit: I should say, "i think" i don't have any evidence other than Marv came on for Spence midweek and played RWB)

Ah right, maybe you're right then, I wasn't really aware of the formation change midweek as I only had it on in the background.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since losing at home to WBA 1-0 in the final minute, on the 19th October, the Boro have played 9 games losing 2 of those games, we now sit 4 points above the relegation zone with a better GD than the

I feel like it could be another 7-0 win for us, I really do.

Yes, he started it by blaming the ref for not giving us decisions. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Ah right, maybe you're right then, I wasn't really aware of the formation change midweek as I only had it on in the background.

I could be wrong, as others have pointed out, the way the teamsheet is laid out would suggest he's playing further forward.

it would just surprise me is all given it's otherwise the exact same team and he played there midweek.

I don’t really care about the formation. What I care about is the ambition to get forward and not just hoof it to a lonely fletcher. I hope Woodgate actually wants to win the game today. 

Just now, Borodane said:

I don’t really care about the formation. What I care about is the ambition to get forward and not just hoof it to a lonely fletcher. I hope Woodgate actually wants to win the game today. 

Changing formation changes that.

15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not saying there's anything in it, but the club usually announce the team with Johnson with the defender's names if he's at LWB/RWB, but he's next to Fletcher and Tav today.

for the last couple of games they've done the same thing with coulson (announce his name among the strikers) despite him being a defender.  i doubt we will differ much from 5 at the back, 3 in mid with tav sitting behind fletcher.

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Changing formation changes that.

Not necessarily. Pulis often played 4-3-3 but rarely goes for the win but instead hopes for 0-0 and try to nick a lucky goal. 

wondering how we should tackle this game,  Swansea  are in free fall, no win in 6, havnt kept a clean sheet in any of those games conceding 12. do we attack from the off? or just keep it tight and wait for the inevitable turn of the fans after 20-30 mins when there side isnt winning? 

tough one, but from previous woodgate games i recon it will be the later.