• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The audio match day thread returns. Click the link below:   Click here for the Match Day Thread

I mentioned yesterday about Stoke diving a lot.   Here is the one that actually made me choke on my drink at the time.  

Think we've got a good player on our hands with Spence 

Posted Images

That. Was. Brilliant.

If we had this creativity on the pitch we wouldn't be the lowest scorers in the league. 

The riverside would probably have to be empty before Woodgate got the sack. 

Pears to get a red card to make the GK situation more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Top work @boro-unger. Great post.

I do not expect McNairs red to be overturned and if JW looks at it properly its not even worth appealing it. (Now i said that it probably will get overturned)

Think team and subs picks itself given lack of numbers:

Pears
Howson Ayala Fry
Spence Tav Wing Sav Coulson
Fletch
Britt

Subs: Meijas, Wood, Bola, Clayton, Marv, Rudy, Walker

My heart says a nervy 1 nil win. Am trying to be positive so i wont share what my head is saying

• Thanks 1

Who even knows anymore.

We'll be missing McNair and I think we'll be missing Assombalonga.

Team:

Pears

Coulson, Fry, Ayala, Howson, Spence

Wing, Saville, Tavernier

Gestede, Fletcher

I'd go for that, even though I don't particularly like the look of it.

If we lose, Woodgate needs to go.

Not feeling that optimistic for Friday night, we're the ideal team to play if you've been struggling (Swansea showed that), not a game goes by when we don't give the opposition gilt edged chances. Unfortunately we don't defend that well, and we don't score many goals, so I'm going for a narrow defeat and hope and pray I've got it completely wrong. 

Barnsley can still get out of trouble, Charlton can still fall into it. In no way does losing this game make relegation incredibly more likely in my eyes as we'll still at the worst be level on points with the edge of relegation at the half way point.

I think on paper, Stoke have one of, if not the the best side/s in that bottom 8, they have a manager good enough to get something out of those players, he's grabbed 3 wins so far; Luton, Wigan and Barnsley, all the other 3 in the bottom 4 surrounding them. We're the next step up from those and I think they'll be well up for this.

No doubt, if we lose it, it isn't going to look good. Losing to teams below you when you're down near the bottom, especially at home, is not a good look. But I'd be happy with a win from this of any kind, I'll take a scrappy one, as I think Stoke are a better team than they've shown so far, they shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom 3 and results against those around them in recent weeks have perhaps gone some way to showing that since O'Neill came in.

I think it'll end up being 1-1.