• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The audio match day thread returns. Click the link below:   Click here for the Match Day Thread

I mentioned yesterday about Stoke diving a lot.   Here is the one that actually made me choke on my drink at the time.  

Think we've got a good player on our hands with Spence 

Posted Images

Great result and a very important 3 points. 

We played well once the shackles came off in the second half. Just shows what we can do when we play with a bit of positive intent. 

• Like 1

Massive win to lift us a little further from relegation, we pair that with a win on Boxing day it could put the relegation fears to bed.

Coulson/Tav recovered from a bad 1st half very well and Ayala was a rock but my MOTM was Fletcher because if he didn't sprint back 70 yards and clear that cutback we'd be talking about a 2 2 draw unbelievable energy and desire from him tonight.

• Like 1

...AAAAANNNND BREATHE OUT!

Stoppage time wasn't quite as nervy as some in recent games, but the 3 points was such a massive deal it felt worse (to me anyway).

Definitely a game of two halves. First 45 minutes was as dire as any I've seen. Second half Boro at least looked like they were interested in trying to get back in the game. The equaliser, following some really nice play, gave the lads a huge lift and from then on, until the second goal, we were definitely in the ascendancy.

Stoke had a go at getting back on level terms and there were one or two nervous moments, but we looked more composed than usual in the final 10 minutes. Worthy winners overall IMO.

Absolutely massive result, in the context of the season. One of two "banker" home wins we need to get through Christmas & New Year in decent shape.

• Like 4

After the turgid start and going a goal down I really feared for us but fair play we turned up after that and took control of the game after the equaliser.

As soon as we started trying to attack Tav looked like a totally different player. He's not effective when we play defensively but he's really important for us when we play football.

I honestly didn't see that second half performance coming. Nice to know the players are still up for a fight, and I have to give Woodgate credit for the subs. Yes it's papered over cracks, but it's really nice to enjoy a win from a losing  position for the first time this season.

Wing and Tav were immense tonight. Both got to start against Huddersfield, surely?

• Like 1

What a result that is to come from behind and win hasnt happened too often of late for us. After such a disjointed first half we had a good spell after going a goal down. It was great to see so many of the younger players not looking out of place today. Spence and Tavernier were great. Wing took his goal well and looked much better than recently. Ayala man of the match again its just a shame it's looking highly unlikely we will be able to keep hold of him.

A couple more wins needed before I think promotion is still on. 

• Like 2

2nd half tactically woody got it spot on once again. (Sick of saying this now as it's the 3rd time this season!). No in all honesty, Woody changed the shape to a back 4 second half as it worked.

Wing and Gestede really did make the difference even though we just nicked a goal before the substitution. Both got to start against Huddersfield for momentum reasons and leave out Britt if he's not fully fit.

Well done the players coming back from 1-0 and the fans on the players back.

Let's give them some credit for a change eh?

• Like 6