oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke 2-1 (Fletcher, Wing)

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The way that Saville slightly stumbles there I reckon he does actually clip him.  Superb dive afterwards though 👍

I was thinking that too, may well just clip him on the heel. But goodness me, Jordan Hugill would have been proud of that one.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The audio match day thread returns. Click the link below:   Click here for the Match Day Thread

I mentioned yesterday about Stoke diving a lot.   Here is the one that actually made me choke on my drink at the time.  

Think we've got a good player on our hands with Spence 

Posted Images

Pears could have done a bit better for the goal we conceded as he should have moved forward far quicker as he saw Clucas arriving to strike the ball at close distance. He did not make best use of the time before Clucas got to the ball. He moved forward but paused moving forward further. I hope that Randolph and the goalkeeping coach have a word with Pears about being far more confident and braver about closing that space down in future as it drastically increases the chances of blocking the ball. It's one of Randolph's key strengths, and is why he's a fantastic shot stopper in them situations. If Randolph was in goal for it I think he would have moved towards the ball far quicker and would have had a good chance of blocking it.

41 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Pears could have done a bit better for the goal we conceded as he should have moved forward far quicker as he saw Clucas arriving to strike the ball at close distance. He did not make best use of the time before Clucas got to the ball. He moved forward but paused moving forward further. I hope that Randolph and the goalkeeping coach have a word with Pears about being far more confident and braver about closing that space down in future as it drastically increases the chances of blocking the ball. It's one of Randolph's key strengths, and is why he's a fantastic shot stopper in them situations. If Randolph was in goal for it I think he would have moved towards the ball far quicker and would have had a good chance of blocking it.

Just rewatched it then. He literally sprints out as fast as he could. Then pulls away slightly right at the end. 

26 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

The shot was actually going wide wasn’t it? I’m sure sky sports said if he didn’t touch it then it would have went wide. Obviously he couldn’t have known though

It was yes, I think the behind the goal angle showed it was going comfortably wide. Really unfortunate for him tbh.

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

I think that is INCREDIBLY harsh criticism especially after the original save he made in the first place. 

It is harsh, however, it’s also the difference between a young, inexperienced Championship goalkeeper and a top level Championship goalkeeper like Randolph. He runs then pauses when he didn’t need to. It looks a minor thing, but hopefully he is taught to not pause in them situations in future. Randolph has pulled off loads of unbelievable saves in them situations by not pausing and making firm contact with the ball just as it leaves players foot. It’s them seemingly harsh things that Pears will need to learn if he’s ever going to get to the level of Randolph.

3 hours ago, p_mards said:

It is harsh, however, it’s also the difference between a young, inexperienced Championship goalkeeper and a top level Championship goalkeeper like Randolph. He runs then pauses when he didn’t need to. It looks a minor thing, but hopefully he is taught to not pause in them situations in future. Randolph has pulled off loads of unbelievable saves in them situations by not pausing and making firm contact with the ball just as it leaves players foot. It’s them seemingly harsh things that Pears will need to learn if he’s ever going to get to the level of Randolph.

Then again after the initial excellent save where the *** was the midfield to put a challenge in on Clucas.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:37 PM, p_mards said:

He wasn't going to get to the ball first, the slight pause seemed to be trying to force Clucas to aim near post, he showed him that direction, then stretched his leg into the area he expected the ball. Unfortunately it hit the calf, and went under him. He almost turned a certain goal into an amazing save

On 12/21/2019 at 10:52 AM, alexutb said:

Did you even watch the game? Gestede has been a woeful signing but you can't deny he did exactly what we signed him for when he came on. Won headers, held up the ball, won free kicks, was a nuisance for their defenders and allowed the midfield to press higher up. Stoke didn't have a sight of goal after Wingy's pearler and have to give Rudy credit where its due for that.

Yes I did watch the game. Obviously my idea of what makes a footballer is a lot different to yours. The bloke can’t trap a bag of cement. The biggest waste of space I’ve ever had the mid-fortune to witness. 

2 hours ago, Stevoboro said:

Yes I did watch the game. Obviously my idea of what makes a footballer is a lot different to yours. The bloke can’t trap a bag of cement. The biggest waste of space I’ve ever had the mid-fortune to witness. 

Okay so you watched the Stoke game and still posed the question 'did he win a header'. Rudy won plenty of headers that game, far more than usual, and as I said he had played his part for the time he was on. I agree that he has been one of our worst signings of the decade and is barely a footballer at times, but specifically referring to the Stoke game rather than what I think of him as a player as you were, he played decent. But yeah, i'm still looking forward to having him off wage bill at the end of the season if not in Jan...

Ok Alex well I must have missed them , lol. Maybe I do have a pre conceived opinion of him , but yes fingers crossed he does go in January but then who will want him ?  When is his contract actually finished ? Is it in the summer cos Jeez he’s been a expensive waster.