oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Stoke 2-1 (Fletcher, Wing)

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Nah - he's probably a posh Southerner like me. We say Mah-ma and Pa-pah...or Mater and Pater. 😝

Wash your mouth out Stockton born and bred with the accent to prove it like

• Like 1

You probably did the right thing there Adam by not keeping the attack going

Pretty pedestrian first 20 minutes or so. We keep trying these optimistic through-balls that are comfortably marshalled by their defence. Passed around a lot in midfield. Other than that, not much to get excited about.

Crowd starting to get a bit restless.

Wtf Tav. How is it even possible to be so bad at kicking a ball without any pressure. Amateurish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Wash your mouth out Stockton born and bred with the accent to prove it like

Ah sorry. I was born in Southend. Lived in Billingham for 13-odd years. Haven't talked with a Northern accent since the early Noughties.

• Like 1

We look as bad as the league table would suggest we are. We also look as witless as Woodgate's pre-match interview would suggest we'd be. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wtf Tav. How is it even possible to be so bad at kicking a ball without any pressure. Amateurish. 

That was shocking. Looks like my stream is about a minute or so behind...as usual...

How was Ince allowed all that time & space to shoot?

WTF are we doing (rhetorical question - not much)? 🤦‍♂️

• Latest Posts

• Two scoring draws last term between the teams and always a close call before that. Forest you would expect to shrug off their poorish start and to progress, but they will also be desperate to start winning. However I would suspect Houghton will be content with a point at the Riverside but for Boro we need to start winning back to back games and I believe we will be too much for Forest and achieve a rare event of late. Maybe travelling teams will be showing a bit more respect towards us as a whole but I do think the game will be very different than seen against Coventry. Going for a home win though at start of season would have been ok with a draw  
    • Forest have so many attacking options, IF we win this it'll set a great marker for where we are heading.
    • I can see Spence dropping to the bench and one of bola or Johnson stepping in, with tav on the right. I assume that was the purpose of the subs the other night. roberts back to the bench as well perhaps.... if no akpom, I’m comfortable with Browne starting, he has done everything asked of him so far. Midfield and defence picks itself, barring injury 
    • So I've seen lots of highlights recently where both penalties and red cards were given, I thought they'd moved away from red cards if it was a penalty, or is it still a red card for being last man?
    • Hopefully Akpom is fit and if he is I would go to a 3.5.2. I would also bring Coulson in. I want him to succeed here and NW said he looked bright in training. Betti Dijk Fry Paddy Tav Howson Morsy Sav Coulson Britt Akpom I would love a win but i rate forest. Would not be too disappointed with a draw.