• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The audio match day thread returns. Click the link below:   Click here for the Match Day Thread

I mentioned yesterday about Stoke diving a lot.   Here is the one that actually made me choke on my drink at the time.  

Think we've got a good player on our hands with Spence 

Posted Images

Well my bubble of optimism has been well and truly popped. Back to thinking draw at best. .

There's been a lot of talk about 3 teams being worse than us therefore we will avoid relegation. Maybe there was, but after the last game I am not so sure it still holds true. Especially when you look at Barnsley with 1 (narrow) defeat in 4 and then banging 5 past QPR.

I actually think they are worth keeping an eye on as they do look like they are improving. Whereas we just seem to be treading water on the very edge of a bloody big whirlpool.

Anything but a win could prove to be dire. We are in serious danger of dropping to 1 place off the foot of the table.

There's no question about it. We are up that creek and I just can't see where the paddle will come from. 😬

Pears

Ayala

Fry

Howson

Spence

Wing

Clayton

Tav

Coulson

Fletcher

(Britt) Walker

Clayton might not be peoples cup of tea but he has a clearly defined role. When you have young wingbacks bombing forward and centre mids like Tav and Wing who you want to get forward and arent the most disciplined defensively then someyimes you need the Clayton type player. Every time I have watched Saville I havent been sure what kind of midfielder he is and I am not sure how he fits in with Wing and Tav.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoroAbroad said:

Well my bubble of optimism has been well and truly popped. Back to thinking draw at best. .

There's been a lot of talk about 3 teams being worse than us therefore we will avoid relegation. Maybe there was, but after the last game I am not so sure it still holds true. Especially when you look at Barnsley with 1 (narrow) defeat in 4 and then banging 5 past QPR.

I actually think they are worth keeping an eye on as they do look like they are improving. Whereas we just seem to be treading water on the very edge of a bloody big whirlpool.

Anything but a win could prove to be dire. We are in serious danger of dropping to 1 place off the foot of the table.

There's no question about it. We are up that creek and I just can't see where the paddle will come from. 😬

Yeah I feel pretty silly for the pre-Swansea optimism - guess I'll never learn!

I'm not sure there are 3 teams worse than Boro right this minute. Charlton look to be in freefall at least so fingers crossed they drop below us. This league changes so quick though... with three games in sometimes seven days you can see yourself rise or plummet much faster than the PL.

A loss to Stoke would be pretty disastrous. Cagey 1-1 I reckon. 

Apparently McNair was sent off for a stamp, not an elbow, so the club feel it's worth appealing.

Given there was an elbow, even if that's not what he was sent off for, I'd be shocked if they rescinded it. Looks a case of the right punishment for the wrong offence.

We've got a good record with getting these overturned lately though, and I'm not entirely sure what the situation is when the ref report makes it clear that the red card was for something else.

Can't see a win here. We're depleted, the manager looks lost, no pace or creativity, no discipline and just generally very poor. Draw at best so I'm going for 0-0, but can easily see us losing this.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

Having watched the Barnsley game recently I don't think there was much between us and them. 

Well that was different BU...very nicely done! 😂

I dunno about this one. Prior to the Swansea debacle, I would have said we are nailed on for the win...but morale must've taken a serious hit and we could just as easily roll over to Stoke.

Looking at their form (W5 D3 L14) it seems they don't really go for draws. Their GD is actually 1 better than ours (-11).

Not that that probably counts for much right now.

I'm gonna stick with another scrappy 1-0 win, just because it is Stoke and they have been even worse than us...so far.

BUT

After last week, absolutely nothing would surprise me.

Questions:

1. I think Woody would have to be involved in some Ched Evans style scandal to get the boot.

2. Ayala to get red carded...just because we don't have a big enough defensive problem already.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Duvel said:

Having watched the Barnsley game recently I don't think there was much between us and them. 

Not sure what to make of this. Is that a good thing or bad? Being as they are still bottom of the table but are actually scoring goals.

I believe this game is possibly the biggest pivotal point in our season so far. I don't see how we can afford anything but a win.

Win and we will see daylight. Loose and we are up to our necks in it.

So much drama. 😬🤣🤣

12 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

Not sure what to make of this. Is that a good thing or bad? Being as they are still bottom of the table but are actually scoring goals.

I believe this game is possibly the biggest pivotal point in our season so far. I don't see how we can afford anything but a win.

Win and we will see daylight. Loose and we are up to our necks in it.

So much drama. 😬🤣🤣

It wasn't a compliment to Woodgate!

On 12/17/2019 at 8:17 PM, TeaCider24 said:

Apparently McNair was sent off for a stamp, not an elbow, so the club feel it's worth appealing.

Given there was an elbow, even if that's not what he was sent off for, I'd be shocked if they rescinded it. Looks a case of the right punishment for the wrong offence.

We've got a good record with getting these overturned lately though, and I'm not entirely sure what the situation is when the ref report makes it clear that the red card was for something else.

The club only appealed to deflect attention away from a disgraceful incident and avoid answering awkward questions at the time.  

• Like 2

Great OP!

To get the sack, I think Woodgate would have to have us mid-table in League One. Much as I'd love to see Chris Hughton rolling up to the Riverside on Sky Sports News, Gibson seems reluctant to acknowledge his mistakes - of which appointing Woodgate is an absolute whopper.

And I reckon Leo is due a red card. He'll probably lamp someone on the Stoke bench after protests about Ayala clotheslining a striker in our box.

This is one of those games where the result could be absolutely anything. It's impossible to predict, so I'll say we'll lose 2-1 in the hope Fate decides to prove me wrong and we cruise to a comfortable victory in front of the watching world.

• Thanks 1