• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once tomorrow is out the way, along with the game at the weekend, I'll look to roll this out across the board and then take a look into the edit message

@Brunners, @SouthernSmoggie, @Lord_Moose, @Denzel Zanzibar, @AnglianRed Dark Mode now enabled for you all. Message me if you spot any bugs or notice anything strange 👍. @sanddancer it's a relativ

Hi, I'm pleased to announce oneBoro Dark Mode, bringing the dark mode functionality from operating systems to the oneBoro Forum. If you have a compatible iOS, Android, MacOS or Windows device, wh

Posted Images

10 hours ago, sanddancer said:

I thought all phones had dark mode in Display & Brightness  settings. 

Most do, but this way you can do it site by site and not have to have your whole phone in Dark Mode. It's ideal if you frequent text heavy websites and not want to strain your eyes but also if you frequent sites where Dark Mode isn't really necessary. 

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Most do, but this way you can do it site by site and not have to have your whole phone in Dark Mode. It's ideal if you frequent text heavy websites and not want to strain your eyes but also if you frequent sites where Dark Mode isn't really necessary. 

That explains it better. I use dark mode but having selective dark mode will be a winner. 

14 hours ago, sanddancer said:

I thought all phones had dark mode in Display & Brightness  settings. 

No, thats just changing the brightness, contrast etc.

"Dark mode" in the forum sense means you get a black (or other dark-coloured background) and white text, instead of the usual black text on white screen. 😉

I think it was originally developed so people could use their phones at night (in bed or whatever) without disturbing other people. Phones screens do put out a surprising amount of light.

I cannot find, where I activate this darkmode .. 

On 9gag ( a funny forum) It's just clicking a button at the top of the page .. 

Do I have to do this on my phone? .. or .. 

Spell it out for the dummy please 😄 

10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I cannot find, where I activate this darkmode .. 

On 9gag ( a funny forum) It's just clicking a button at the top of the page .. 

Do I have to do this on my phone? .. or .. 

Spell it out for the dummy please 😄 

You don't need to manually activate it. If your phone, tablet or laptop supports it, it'll switch to Dark Mode automatically.