oneBoro Forum

Introducing oneBoro Dark Mode - Beta

41 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You don't need to manually activate it. If your phone, tablet or laptop supports it, it'll switch to Dark Mode automatically.

So long as you have the setting turned on. I had to turn it on in my windows settings to get it to work with chrome.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once tomorrow is out the way, along with the game at the weekend, I'll look to roll this out across the board and then take a look into the edit message

@Brunners, @SouthernSmoggie, @Lord_Moose, @Denzel Zanzibar, @AnglianRed Dark Mode now enabled for you all. Message me if you spot any bugs or notice anything strange 👍. @sanddancer it's a relativ

Hi, I'm pleased to announce oneBoro Dark Mode, bringing the dark mode functionality from operating systems to the oneBoro Forum. If you have a compatible iOS, Android, MacOS or Windows device, wh

Posted Images

It's just a black screen and white text, right?  I'm by no means a tech expert but isn't that just altering the website code thingy to change the background to black from white and the text to white from black?   Rob isn't gonna get a Nobel Prize for it or anything like that?

It's a bit more nuanced than that usually, dark mode isn't just inverting all the colours, it's a theme as much as any other theme. On a site that has just one theme, it could be the process of setting up the site to allow for different themes to show as well as the theme itself. Of course, I'm pretty sure this site is built on top of other software(?) so there might be some existing stuff in there to allow for that theme to change without any code or such and just getting the colours right so it doesn't look it isn't just swapping black with white and vice versa.

21 hours ago, oneboro said:

@Brunners, @SouthernSmoggie, @Lord_Moose, @Denzel Zanzibar, @AnglianRed Dark Mode now enabled for you all. Message me if you spot any bugs or notice anything strange 👍.

@sanddancer it's a relatively new features on phones and operating systems

Tried it on both my phone and PC and it looks great! No issues that I've found as yet. Thanks! 😊

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, it kinda feels like it's about 5 mins of changing a bit of code and 3 days of talking about it to make it seem complicated 🤓

Don’t tempt me into undoing it!

But if anyone does want a more in-depth explanation about the changes, I’m happy to chat through 👍

9 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

No, thats just changing the brightness, contrast etc.

"Dark mode" in the forum sense means you get a black (or other dark-coloured background) and white text, instead of the usual black text on white screen. 😉

I think it was originally developed so people could use their phones at night (in bed or whatever) without disturbing other people. Phones screens do put out a surprising amount of light.

My iPhone has dark mode I use all the time.. it’s called dark mode but it does not work on all applications all the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been making some updates to the Dark Mode based on feedback, along with fixing some bugs.

@BearSmog, it looks like this could have been a formatting issue in the reply box which I'll take a further look into.

Any other feedback on this is appreciated, as I'm going to start to plan to roll this out across the board to logged in and logged out users 👍

• 3 weeks later...

So I’ve changed to dark mode in my phone setting but it doesn’t seem to change the layout of the websites in safari. The keyboard has changed and the top bar but the browser window is still bright as before. Do I need to change anything else?