oneBoro Forum

First game???

Hello, taking my little boy to his first game, he is nearly 7, on Boxing Day. Unfortunately, due to work and family commitments, I have not been to a game myself for a few years!

Want him to have the full experience of match day, just like my dad did for me when I was little. So I was wondering where might be best to go for a pre match/post match drink - probably looking for sumwhere that will have a decent atmosphere but not too busy - we are travelling in by train.

thanks

The Navi.

Serious answer - Probably The Six Medals, over the road from the stadium. It's a Marston's pub and family friendly on matchdays (I believe drinks are even served in plastic glasses.)

Nice atmosphere, not too rowdy. Decent enough food (if you like a carvery then even better!)

Welcome to the forum and I would agree to the above.

Recently took my own grandson to his first game, he was happy with the Boro shop and taking in the atmos outside but being in the ground was the most important aspect for him.

Have a great day and hopefully the best of results

10 hours ago, First game said:

Hello, taking my little boy to his first game, he is nearly 7, on Boxing Day. Unfortunately, due to work and family commitments, I have not been to a game myself for a few years!

Want him to have the full experience of match day, just like my dad did for me when I was little. So I was wondering where might be best to go for a pre match/post match drink - probably looking for sumwhere that will have a decent atmosphere but not too busy - we are travelling in by train.

thanks

That'll be so much fun. Can't wait to take my son for a walk round the stadium and then into the GRFZ. I remember going to my first football match (England Sweden U16s) really vividly, and I was six as well, so hopefully it's an unforgettable day for him (and you!) 

Yeah DZ has pretty much nailed this.  But depending on your boys character (quieter, rowdier, or like mine tazmainian devil) i found a small pub crawl through the town worked as most Boro fans in person are friendly , amenable and great with kids

enjoy buddy 😊