oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Brom (A) 2-0 (Ayala,Fletcher)

We're in that tricky position now where on paper the players coming back are better but should they automatically start? I don't think they should.  Get them on the bench and make them work their way back in. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woodgate deserves a massive amount of credit for the last couple of months, and this game especially! To do west Brom like this at their own ground with a pack of kids is exceptional.

Fletcher/Pears/Wing/Tav/Spence/Ayala/Coulson/Clayton have been outstanding in this run the youngsters grow by the game. It's so important we put those points on the board and from a very dangerous pos

Wouldn’t be surprised if woodgate got manager of the month for December

Posted Images

Massive credit to Woodgate. I thought the lack of signings would make a change in mentality almost impossible this season, but by brining in the kids he’s managed to find an XI that have not been brainwashed into pure terror whenever the ball rolls towards them (Thanks Pulis...). The goal by Fletcher is great - More than just a good hit or sealing three points, the willingness to shoot like that shows some of the confidence that we’ve been missing has returned.

Really hope Gibson sees this as a chance to bring in a few new signings and give Woodgate a show of confidence.

• Like 1

What a performance this was. First half it was the best I've seen us play in years. Tav and Spence gave us so much energy on the wings and pressing/intercepting up the pitch, Wing had so much space and Fletcher seems to be improving the more he's given a chance to play as the 9. And suddenly he's top scorer and top assists..

Second half Ayala and Pears were unreal. Ayala literally heads everything and Pears looks so comfortable. The save down to his right was incredible.

Bonus thumbs up to Saville who suddenly looks a player.

What to do with McNair and Britt?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

What a performance this was. First half it was the best I've seen us play in years. Tav and Spence gave us so much energy on the wings and pressing/intercepting up the pitch, Wing had so much space and Fletcher seems to be improving the more he's given a chance to play as the 9. And suddenly he's top scorer and top assists..

Second half Ayala and Pears were unreal. Ayala literally heads everything and Pears looks so comfortable. The save down to his right was incredible.

Bonus thumbs up to Saville who suddenly looks a player.

What to do with McNair and Britt?

Leave both Britt and McNair out in my opinion. Britt will probably not play regardless. Wouldn’t be fair to drop saville or Clayton after their performances. Depends on their fitness though, they haven’t played that often this season and I’m sure they are absolutely shattered after that game.

I didn't watch or listen to the game today so I can't really comment on the performance but it was a great result. 

Fair play to Woodgate, I've criticised him on here a fair bit but you can't knock him after the last few results. Hopefully we can keep this run going. 

I don't want to turn a positive post into a negative one but I think we are a better team without Britt. I'm quite relaxed about selling him next month if it eases the financial burden on the club and I think we can get better value for our money.   

• Like 1

Was anyone else out there in the Holgate End after beating Oxford Utd on that famous occasion? 

We had a bloody awful start to the season then too, if my 68 year-old brain remembers correctly!

Stranger things have happened!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tmcc said:

maybe this will show our fickle fans that you dont judge a manager/team after 10-15 games, imagine if the boo boys had that there way and neil warnock was in charge now haha.

If there's any truth in the rumours He might be behind the scenes,All credit to JW & Robbie & Leo

Absolutely buzzing for Woody. Was so desperate for him, Leo and Robbie to do well. Couldn't be happier to see Woody proving those in the south stand who booed him after 4 games as well as those who were calling into BBC Tees wanting him sacked from October totally wrong. A fat serving of humble pie for them tonight. Happy new year indeed. Utfb.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Warnock isn't helping behind the scenes. Where has that rumour come from? Absoutely no truth in it whatsoever.

Woody and coaching staff deserve all the credit 

Not what I've been led to believe, he 100% has been up and "consulting".

I have just got home from the game and what a fantastic result. To say I am buzzing would be an understatement. It reminded me of the away days under the Karanka era. Really was such an enjoyable day.

I totally get the views of those who say do not change the team v Preston but I am also concerned that I think about 9 of our players could be asked to play 4 games in 12 days and really don’t want anyone to pick up any muscular injuries that could rule them out. Therefore if there a chance to rest 1 or 2 players given the return of Paddy n hopefully Britt I would use it.

Ash Fletcher has played a lot of 90 minutes, not just lately but all season. In Britts absence his work rate has increased and he has still been doing full games. I fully get he his confidence will be sky high but if there a chance to rest him I would.

Unfortunately, we cannot rest Howson, Ayala and Fry due to lack of options but would certainly be looking to rest our captain v Spurs. Spence and Coulson should be fine as they are probably playing of adrenaline at moment too.

oh and massive credit to JW. I am not going to get carried away but i criticised him when things were not going well and hold my hands up for that but he deserves huge credit for what he done since last international break given the repeated setbacks in terms of personnel available. long may it continue.

I just hope our upturn in form does not blind those who make the decisions that this squad does not need strengthening as much as initially believed come Jan

• Like 4