oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Brom (A) 2-0 (Ayala,Fletcher)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woodgate deserves a massive amount of credit for the last couple of months, and this game especially! To do west Brom like this at their own ground with a pack of kids is exceptional.

Fletcher/Pears/Wing/Tav/Spence/Ayala/Coulson/Clayton have been outstanding in this run the youngsters grow by the game. It's so important we put those points on the board and from a very dangerous pos

Wouldn’t be surprised if woodgate got manager of the month for December

Posted Images

I thought this would be nailed on 2-0 West Brom, like. I was willing to take this one on the chin in the long-term. To go to a team who've yet to lose at home and only lost once otherwise all season, to turn them over in the way we did is absolutely something else. What a massive result and performance by the sounds of things. Well done, up the *** Boro! Sky better get those highlights up ASAP!

• Like 1
On 12/28/2019 at 4:50 PM, boro-unger said:

It would be very middlesbroughy for us to win tomorrow. 

Ha totally called it. Very Middlesbroughy of us to pull that out of the bag. 

• Like 4

I apologise and happy to be proven wrong. A good way to finish the year and now only 6 points from mid table were most of us predict to finish, and if we continue as we have recently shown it could well be higher.  

first win coming from behind, followed by first back to back win and now first away win.  what makes it even better is that some of our "best players" arnt even in the squad. i think we can say corner well and truly turned now. 
is it to soon to say 9 points off playoffs haha. 

UTB!!!

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I wouldn't put Mcnair back in make him earn it. That midfield was so balanced today. Even Saville impressed me. 

Not a single bad performance out there today, I genuinely think I'd give everyone a 10/10 today. That was excellent.

To limit them to ONE grade A how's-that-not-a-goal chance all game (maybe 2 if you count that diving header) at a team that has scored more than TWICE AS MANY goals as us is incredible. AND it's not like they missed that one chance either, Pears pulled off a Darren Randolphesque save to keep it out.

Woodgate got the formation, the tactics, the style, everything spot on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Woodgate deserves a massive amount of credit for the last couple of months, and this game especially! To do west Brom like this at their own ground with a pack of kids is exceptional.

I wouldn’t say the last couple of months but agree with the general sentiment of giving Woodgate credit where it’s due. Had exactly 0 faith in us a month ago. Last 3 results have been fantastic. Still a lot of problems with the club but credit where it’s due to Woodgate for appearing to have turned the corner. UTFB