oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

48 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Anyone got any idea why our match is the only one NOT on the Red Button 🤷‍♂️

We haven't been on the red button for any of our Christmas period games. It has to be a club decision.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He h

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

Posted Images

Where will we be in ten years time? Probably still in whatever the second tier is called by 2030, moaning about how crap our recruitment policy is and wondering if we'll ever see the "promised land" of the Premier League again.

Is Woodgate the messiah? Er, no. We're 16th in the Championship!

Score prediction: a flukey 1-0 win.

McNair for Clayton, but I'm fine with him naming an unchanged side.

I think it will be the final confirmation that Britt's leaving if he's nowhere to be seen.

Preston aren't in good form, and we've had some decent results there lately. I could see us winning again, but I'm not getting carried away.

6 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

I think a lot will depend on what's left in the players legs. If we show the same zip as at WBA then we could win well. We look solid now so dont think we will lose. 

agreed and the big challenge to Woody is do you stick with the same players or freshen it up?  I reckon McNair might come back into midfield and possibly Johnson at RWB or RW

5 hours ago, Brunners said:

We haven't been on the red button for any of our Christmas period games. It has to be a club decision.

There's nothing to stop you using a VPN and streaming the match from the club yourself, plus it gives the club some much needed revenue and for 5 quid it's a bargain.

3 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

There's nothing to stop you using a VPN and streaming the match from the club yourself, plus it gives the club some much needed revenue and for 5 quid it's a bargain.

Do you know of a good free vpn? Ive tried twice to watch it, paid £15 for the two games and couldn't watch either.

Again one of those games where I believe that most would be pleased with an away point at the final outcome but we know that we probably are capable of a second away win on the spin.

Bench mark game for me as a win could ignite hope for the rest of the season.

One thing for certain there are worse teams in this league!

0-0 draw for me

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Yes just coincidence, but long may it continue!

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

The way we finished at WBA didn't show tiredness. I hope everyone has one more game in them. McNair on the bench if everyone else is ok to continue.

I would expect one or two changes though. Big call for Woody. Get it right and our season suddenly looks a lot more hopeful.

16 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Welcome to the first Match Day Thread of the new decade friends and familymen. Please click below for the main event.

Click Here Please

What the heck was that?

Afraid I can't give you a like for this one BU. No idea what the song was, but those repetitive lyrics were annoying as hell. Fast-forwarded through the first minute and a half. Rest wasn't bad though.

Anyway, back on topic. Like most of us, (I think), I'm still on Cloud 9 after our win at WBA. As I said in that match thread, if Boro can pull off a performance like that, we really shouldn't fear any team in the division. Of course, the trick is being able to repeat that performance. Easier said than done.

Preston have had a good season overall. Last 3 games have seen a bit of a dip with 2 draws and an unexpected 2-0 home defeat by Reading, last time out. Narrow goal difference - they score a decent number of goals, but concede a fair few too.

Hard to call this one. The lads will probably be on a high after the last game...but how much will it have taken out of them? Also the hosts will be looking to make amends after a poor showing in their last game.

Would be happy with a draw, but think we can just edge this one. Prediction: Preston 0 - 1 Boro

1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

If anyone here has connections with anyone at the Gazette, they need to arrange an interview with Anthony Vickers, so BU can reveal he is the "unseen" signing that has single-handedly turned Boro's season around. 😁

• Like 1