oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

6 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Do you know of a good free vpn? Ive tried twice to watch it, paid £15 for the two games and couldn't watch either.

Hotspot was a decent free VPN. But I havent used it for a long time as most free one's tend to have a bunch of add's.
It is worth paying for one. They are not expensive really and are very useful.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He h

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

Posted Images

NordVPN is still the best out there, and if you sign up for a year it's like £3.50 a month.

I use Windscribe though myself, you can choose specific servers that you want to subscribe to and if you only want one foreign one for watching the Boro games it can be as cheap as £1.50 a month. You get 30gb of data which is plenty, too.

• Like 2

9 points between us and relegation, 9 points between us and the top 6... Glass half empty or glass half full? 

Let's kick off the new decade with a massive victo... Oh **** it's January! 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Foogle said:

9 points between us and relegation, 9 points between us and the top 6... Glass half empty or glass half full? 

Let's kick off the new decade with a massive victo... Oh **** it's January! 

Indeed Foogle and I can not recall over recent years Boro actually winning on New Years Day, if we were to win this would go down in the annals of history.

I predicted a draw so will stick to it!

• Like 1

Optimism is high. As it was before the Swansea game. 🤔

We have a good record against Preston. But it looks like Nugent will be back for them and I always rated him. We need to watch him closely.

Anyway. If we can keep the tempo up from our last outing I think we can get 3 points.  Though it's a big 'IF.'

C'mon Boro. You have started to get us believing again. Dont let us down.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Clap along if you feel that Anglian is uncouth. 😉

Hey, if its uncouth to have good taste in music, then I guess I'm guilty. I stopped having any interest in so-called "popular" music a long time ago. This is more my thing:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Hey, if its uncouth to have good taste in music, then I guess I'm guilty. I stopped having any interest in so-called "popular" music a long time ago. This is more my thing:

Dude nightwish are incredible. Symphonic metal is beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just realised that I am genuinely excited about our having a game today!  That hasn't happened since before Pulis sucked all the life out...

Maybe, just maybe, something has genuinely changed and we have turned a corner.  (And, yes, I know it's the hope that kills you...)

As I said on another recent thread where someone was asking about the (then) next 5 games, we often seem to manage to be on the right end of lucky decisions at Preston and pick up something we don't deserve. I'm therefore hoping for a point (or even 3) and crossing my fingers that luck doesn't turn round and even itself out this time. There is, as always when playing a high placed team, the potential for a complete thrashing. 

• Like 1

I hate Deepdale, horrible ground to visit we always seem to be under the kosh when we play there I'd take a draw as a good result.

Team wise I'd put McNair straight in for Saville I've given up with Saville who was decent vs WBA away but McNair offers us far more there for me. Preston are all about midfield runners and the 2 wingers we smother their midfield and keep switched on with their wingers we have the quality to beat them though.

I'll predict 1-1 just because it's Deepdale, Pulis went there New Years 2018 somehow got a 3 2 win that's a good omen but it'll be tough.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

My mate is a total Nightwish obsessive, and that's a quality tune. I love a bit of symphonic metal too - been listening to Epica quite a bit lately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Old Codger said:

I was once told by a person who claimed to be the fount of all knowledge that when Dionysius the Humble calculated the beginning of the Christian Era, and thereby invented Anno Domini, that Zero was not included as that was subsequently invented by Islamic mathematicians (along with algebra).....and so if he began with year 1, the decade officially ends in twelve months time.....probably a load of rubbish but there you go................

agree with Anglian about music...but as an Old Codger, I am allowed to pretend that the good stuff stopped when the Yardbirds became Led Zeppelin

I think we have a chance to get something out of this match as we more or less matched them in the home game and if we play anywhere near as well as Sunday, they will concede a goal or two at some point as their defence is not in same class as midfield...

Hopefully a Happy New Year, eventful transfer window and in a few days, the beginning of the March to Wembley..    

The Yardbirds spawned so many great guitarists, I genuinely think they don't get talked about as much as they should in conversation about classic rock bands.

Absolutely superb

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Used to love nightwish.