oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

Wing's been absolutely key since coming off the bench vs Stoke I worry whether Tav/Saville/Clayton can move the ball well enough without him. If Gestede puts himself about and Fletcher's still Mr Duracell that pairing might work, I think Johnson's been bad the past 2 months as well not sure on him.

Not expecting too much anyway hopefully everyone keeps their WBA standards. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He h

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

Posted Images

I dont eve nknow what formation that is. guessing just a straightforward switch, tav into the mdfield fletch to do what tavs being doing and rudy up top. it looks like we are going for balls in the box. them west brom comentators did say we were winning balls in the air all game against them. looks like we will be pinging in balls to fletch and rundy with the youg runners coming up to support them. looks like a plan anyway. afew motnh ago i was concerend woody didnt really have a plan. so cant complain hes clearly better than what i was thinking tactically. utb

I'm going to give Woodgate the benefit of the doubt because he's earned it after the last game but why play Gestede up front and drop wing?  Surely having Gestede upfront to hold the ball up and brings players like wing into play in the final third would be beneficial. 

Either way I hope it pays off and we produce a result. I don't even mind losing (Preston are good at home) as long as we have a good go at them. 

Coulson has played 90 minutes for like 6 or 7 games straight, he might well just think he needs a game off.

Wing is a little more baffling to me, think he's been key recently. I feel McNair should have come straight back in too, but we'll see what happens.

How long does Gestede last before blowing up his hammy again?

30 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Weird decision to drop coulson...

Absolutely gonna be fitness related changes. Remember Spence came off, Coulson didn't, he played the full 90 at West Brom. I absolutely expected changes and the wing backs are definitely an area of the pitch that does a huge amount of work, Coulson runs himself into the ground every game. As I mentioned earlier, West Brom was hard work. Johnson has had a good season for us barring his daft red card, too.

• Like 1

It's definitely a brave move from Woodgate.  If he put out the same team/formation as beat WBA then even if we get beat, it's forgivable, as you've stuck with the winning team.  Change it like this, and the result is all on his back.

1 minute ago, macapes said:

It's definitely a brave move from Woodgate.  If he put out the same team/formation as beat WBA then even if we get beat, it's forgivable, as you've stuck with the winning team.  Change it like this, and the result is all on his back.

I don't think that's so true over the xmas period when everyone is gonna be tired as anything after that WBA game.