oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Anyone know if Ayala's injury looked serious, or if he should be back for the next game?

looks like his ankle turned. could be quite a sore one. maybe a month or two at longest. hopefully less could be a slight twist and due to his dodgy ankles just come off rather than risk it.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He h

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Savilles turned back into Mr invisible.

Spence has had a iffy first half too, losing Ayala is gutting. They look like causing problems every cross now since he's gone off.

Is Saville playing? not a mention in the first half unless it was one of the many times that the bleeding commentary went off.

On Ayala.

Yes this injury might be a blessing ,if Ayala is injured perhaps no one will buy him  and he stays to the end of the season. 

If Pears keeps a clean sheet away at Deepdale with the cross barrage we're probably about to get it's a big tick in the box for him. His distribution when throwing I've not seen many who can lob a throw 60 yards before it comes down, Ripley never had something that set him apart I think Pears spans well his decision making's got so much better just in a 4 week span.

If the season ends up being mid table we can still look at how Pears/Spence did in typical *ithouse barrage situations and now with Ayala down whether Fry can marshal the defence to a clean sheet. All the seasons about for me now we've climbed away and are playing well is milestones for the younger players. 

• Like 1
Just now, Motor Mouth said:

Is Saville playing? not a mention in the first half unless it was one of the many times that the bleeding commentary went off.

On Ayala.

Yes this injury might be a blessing ,if Ayala is injured perhaps no one will buy him  and he stays to the end of the season. 

Never thought of it that way about Ayala. That could be a valid point MM

1 minute ago, northern boro said:

Couple of weeks of now thankfully from the league gives some breathing space to get him back. This weekend is only the cup.

We're playing Spurs, though. We really need  experienced defenders in the team to avoid it being a cricket score. A drubbing could undo some of the confidence that's currently propelling us up the table.

2 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

On Ayala.

You would hope that those playing below par will now up their game to see out a win. The mentality should be "they will not pass" but we need to be clever on break aways to get a vital second goal

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Stream down?

It goes if for half time should be up and running for the second half 

I must admit I am really impressed with Woodgate and the coaching set up. They seem able to set up differently each match to nullify the opponents strengths but still pose a decent threat ourselves. I know nailing colours to the mast half way through a game can be a dangerous thing on a message board but think praise is warranted atm. 

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Jeff Stelling just mentioned that PNE have not beaten Boro at home since 1972.

If this goes tits-up then blame him!

I am also gonna blame BoroJake for putting the mokkers on it DS.. 😀

BoroJake...7 points from play offs and 12 above relegation spots as it stands