oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

Been to North End 6 times now and only seen us draw once. Love the pub, love walking to the ground and love being there. Makes it easier I live less than 5 mins from Deepdale! 

Pretty much gave everyone 7/10 other than 3. Gestede, Fletcher and Tav 8/10. Another great result. Honestly, 4 weeks ago I thought we would likely go down, now I dream of mid table security! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He h

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Been to North End 6 times now and only seen us draw once. Love the pub, love walking to the ground and love being there. Makes it easier I live less than 5 mins from Deepdale! 

Pretty much gave everyone 7/10 other than 3. Gestede, Fletcher and Tav 8/10. Another great result. Honestly, 4 weeks ago I thought we would likely go down, now I dream of mid table security! 

Good first post and welcome to the forum, though your user name seems familiar, have you been a member before on oneBoro?

Just now, Downsouth said:

Good first post and welcome to the forum, though your user name seems familiar, have you been a member before on oneBoro?

Hi - no, I was banned at fmttm about 2 years ago for the most bizarre reaction I’ve ever seen from a grown man when I questioned The Hillsborough Report and Liverpool fans innocence. Whilst the majority backed me for putting a across an intelligent debate apparently as adults we couldn’t question an independent report and my IP was banned by admin over there. I gave up and just viewed fmttm since the banning. Always heard about this place and then joined last night. 

11 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Hi - no, I was banned at fmttm about 2 years ago for the most bizarre reaction I’ve ever seen from a grown man when I questioned The Hillsborough Report and Liverpool fans innocence. Whilst the majority backed me for putting a across an intelligent debate apparently as adults we couldn’t question an independent report and my IP was banned by admin over there. I gave up and just viewed fmttm since the banning. Always heard about this place and then joined last night. 

That is a surprise, sensible debate is always welcome but as we all know sometimes that can get out of hand.

As I said welcome think you will find this is a good place to chat and that opinions are valued

Hmm, the angle I saw from behind the goal it looked pretty clear that Fletcher hadn't touched it at all.  I'm sure Fletcher won't mind like!  And at least now when we sell our top scorer, we won't actually be selling our top scorer 🤨

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Hmm, the angle I saw from behind the goal it looked pretty clear that Fletcher hadn't touched it at all.  I'm sure Fletcher won't mind like!  And at least now when we sell our top scorer, we won't actually be selling our top scorer 🤨

It 100% didn't touch Fletcher. Wonder if the dubious goals panel (do they exist still?) Might give this one back to Davies as an O.G.

53 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Brilliant win this! Looking at the fixtures before the Swansea game, this and the WBA away games I could not see us picking up any points. But 4 in 4, keep them coming! 

I fancied us in this one but only because we'd actually played well at West Brom.  Preston had been in bad form and they aren't an especially good side - I thought when we played them at home that they were pretty ordinary for a team who were right up there.  I would actually say that this is a game we should have won in a way.  Easier said than done though 👍

52 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I fancied us in this one but only because we'd actually played well at West Brom.  Preston had been in bad form and they aren't an especially good side - I thought when we played them at home that they were pretty ordinary for a team who were right up there.  I would actually say that this is a game we should have won in a way.  Easier said than done though 👍

Before the Swansea game I think Preston had only lost once at home all season. Since then they have lost 2 games at home (including against us), but they are still at the top of the tree in terms of home form. Their away form has been fairly middling which is probably why they looked average at our place. But as always in the championship it mainly down to which team turns up on the day, and I'm glad it was us!

57 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought when we played them at home that they were pretty ordinary for a team who were right up there.

I mentioned this yesterday when big Phil at the Gazette tweeted tongue in cheek about how close we are to the play-offs. When you look at the teams in and around those positions, nobody is really pulling up any trees. Even Brentford, on their pretty good run right now, have lost 9 games this season. That's why even though they're 3rd, they're further off 2nd than we are from the play-offs.

It seems there are a lot of pretty ordinary teams in this division who are contesting the play-offs.

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Same - was literally bang in line with the ball. Not even close to touching it. I’d genuinely be embarrassed if I was awarded that ‘goal’ - ridiculous tbh 

17 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Same - was literally bang in line with the ball. Not even close to touching it. I’d genuinely be embarrassed if I was awarded that ‘goal’ - ridiculous tbh 

I doubt he'll complain, I imagine he probably has goal scoring bonuses in his contract!

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I doubt he'll complain, I imagine he probably has goal scoring bonuses in his contract!

I know for a fact that Gestede has a goal bonus written into his contract. However it was written in that long ago we owe him a £1 note and a wham bar. He’s just not scored enough to warrant upgrading it 

• Haha 2