oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Reading the live text on the BBC it sounds like we could have had 4 or 5...and Rudy could have had a hat-trick on his own, with better finishing.

We may not have had much posession, but we've been better everywhere it counts...at least thats the impression I'm getting.

Another potential banana skin successfully negotiated with a maximum points haul.

The Boro bandwagon rolls on, with Woody seemingly steering the lads in the right direction. Another great job - well done! 

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He has his limits Gestede but today was probably the best game he's had in a Boro shirt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He h

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

Posted Images

Excellent result. Was really concerned with the last bit of the 1st half when Ayala went off, we looked a bit shaky from crosses, but second half we got it together and didn't give them much of a sniff really.

These last few games are what I hoped Woodgate would try to put together. We look pacey and threatening while still solid enough at the back and to top it off a good number of youth products stepping up.

George Saville is still pants though. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, alexutb said:

Tav was absolutely unreal today - different class. Love to see Clayton excelling in a two CDM formation once again. Thought Fry had the best game of his season too! Absolutely buzzing.

Up the fcking boro, get in!!!!!

We saw TWO players today at their best .... because of playing them right! 

Clayton is a beast in a midfield 2! And Rudy is a beast in an attacking 2! 

This has potential 😉 

I'm over the moon, cause I always believed Woody would and could turn it around!  This is said without an "Itold you so" attitude 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rooney at the Riverside next in the League we turn Derby over we'll probably end up 5 points off the playoffs which would be incredible considering we took 2 months off. It's an unbelievable turnaround from the position Woodgate was in before that Charlton game it's not a 'luck' thing either we've actually become a much better team over the past few weeks get Roberts and a couple of other loans in we could make a real push upwards now there's a lot of crap teams around the playoffs this season I never thought I'd be saying that in November...

• Like 2

There is always a team finding late form .. Everybody has written them off, but they get right in the mix for the play of spots .. If we can keep this up for a few weeks, that team might be US! 

I'ts not guaranteed ofc .. But we for sure have the possibilities to make our own luck now.. 

Poor form Derby is a must win for us at home in the next league game ..

• Like 3

Have to echo what everyone has been saying. I've certainly had my doubts about Woodgate (who hasn't?) but the last month has been pretty phenomenal with the exception of the Swansea and Leeds games. I think the most impressive thing has been that we have seen measured and consistent improvement over that time, not just flash-in-a-pan wins. Beating WBA and Preston back to back, away from home, scoring more than 1 goal each time and keeping a clean sheet each time is the icing on the cake. Typical knee-jerk reaction now is to start targeting the playoffs, but will the increased level of expectation lead to frustration? Very interested now to see what happens in the transfer window. Hopefully Tav hasn't turned too many heads, he is a very important player for us and would be very difficult to replace his dynamism and flair in midfield. 

• Like 2
Just now, SmogDane said:

There is always a team finding late form .. Everybody has written them off, but they get right in the mix for the play of spots .. If we can keep this up for a few weeks, that team might be US! 

I'ts not guaranteed ofc .. But we for sure have the possibilities to make our own luck now.. 

Poor form Derby is a must win for us at home in the next league game ..

Was coming on to say this. Norwich,Fulham and aston villa have all gotten promoted in recent years after  being written off by october time. Cant rule anything out, especially if we get a few reinforcements in in january.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boroie said:

Have to echo what everyone has been saying. I've certainly had my doubts about Woodgate (who hasn't?) but the last month has been pretty phenomenal with the exception of the Swansea and Leeds games. I think the most impressive thing has been that we have seen measured and consistent improvement over that time, not just flash-in-a-pan wins. Beating WBA and Preston back to back, away from home, scoring more than 1 goal each time and keeping a clean sheet each time is the icing on the cake. Typical knee-jerk reaction now is to start targeting the playoffs, but will the increased level of expectation lead to frustration? Very interested now to see what happens in the transfer window. Hopefully Tav hasn't turned too many heads, he is a very important player for us and would be very difficult to replace his dynamism and flair in midfield. 

Even the Swansea game he changed things up and got us back in the game, only for us to immediately implode.

Amazing to be going into the January window as the inform team in the Championship.  Makes us an attractive club for players because they know we’re threadbare and there’s opportunity. 

It also means I’m not stressing if we do sell Randolph and Britt. I know we’ll need to replace them but the gritty togetherness that the team has shown recently is more likely to see a team go up the table than individual players. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Even the Swansea game he changed things up and got us back in the game, only for us to immediately implode.

That is true Brunners, Woody was let down by the players there (Browne primarily) but one of the main criticisms of that game was how we started the match - it was only after going behind that we started playing. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

3rd.on the form table over the last 10 games. 

Does just continue to highlight our need for goals though. Even though we're 3rd in the form table, there are only 7 teams that have scored 13 or less in their last 10 and they're all in the bottom 9 in form over the last 10.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, wow we look so much better than this time 2 month ago, I genuinely thought we'd be going down with a whimper and it looked incredibly bleak for us. But dear me we have style about us, our defence is working as a unit and we're just starting to find our shooting boots. 

If we can keep this up for the rest of the season, who knows where we could end up! 

Long may it continue! 

• Like 1