oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you watch the highlights you'll see that's a of a harsh way to phrase it. He scores a bicycle kick, fires a half volley like an inch wide and has a powerful header saved point blank by Rudd. He h

Et tu DS?! I don't think I'm getting enough credit for this upturn in form. Woodgate hasn't mentioned me once and the Gazette are acting like I don't even exist 😢

Posted Images

Our players looked drained when they came off the pitch at West Brom so I am not surprised he has had to freshen up the teams energy levels. However I am surprised at the change in formation and especially not bringing McNair back as he will be rested and champing at the bit. Woodgate has earned a bit of credibility from me after the last game so let us hope he has got it right.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I couldn’t. Had to nap for an hour

Those small bottles are made so you can’t drink them fast. It 20 seconds or so to down those 2cl. 😳🤪

• Latest Posts

• Can i ask where the sudden love and appreciation for Mendez Gomez has come from on this board? I seen people mention him a fee times in last couple days especially when not being happy at the signing of Michale Smith. Despite fact ones a winger and other is a striker so am not even understanding the comparison  Did anyone even know who Mendez Gomes was until @diggerlad07 mentioned we scouted him? And now he suddenly this up and coming talent in everyones eyes that we must sign? Reminds me last summer when this board had a meltdown at the club for losing out to Brentford for Charlie Goode and we all know how well he did for Brentford.
    • Ah..  the eighties..  when haircuts were weird and so were footballers 🙂
    • Why would we do that when we could sign a donkey in the back end of an average career for a manager who's gone in a year?
    • I don't really equate that Schick goal as being a 'screamer' from distance, though. Same with the Beckham goal from the half-way line. If I'm remembering correctly, Charlie Adam and Xabi Alonso scored similar ones, those goals took skill for sure but I just wouldn't put them in the same 'long-range screamer' category of those where the keeper was actually in a position to try to save the shot. Like those where the player spots the keeper off their line and give it a go and the keeper just tips it over. The first thing that comes to mind to me is what the hell was he doing so far off his line to begin with. Might make a Herculean effort to sprint back and adjust his body to tip it over but was often their own fault for having to do that at all!
    • We paid nearly 3mil on akpom last summer and we were more hamstrung with wages then, so I'm not sure it can be ruled out