oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Preston North End (A) 2-0 (Gestede, Davies (OG) )

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Bleh that stuff tastes like garbage, not sure how you can handle that!

I couldn’t. Had to nap for an hour

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

A back 4 with Johnson at left back and howson at right back apparently

If that’s right then there are a lot of players playing out of position. 

Woodgate has used different systems to counter the opponents. May be 442. Gestede hasn’t the mobility to be the lone striker.

• Like 1

Our players looked drained when they came off the pitch at West Brom so I am not surprised he has had to freshen up the teams energy levels. However I am surprised at the change in formation and especially not bringing McNair back as he will be rested and champing at the bit. Woodgate has earned a bit of credibility from me after the last game so let us hope he has got it right.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I couldn’t. Had to nap for an hour

Those small bottles are made so you can’t drink them fast. It 20 seconds or so to down those 2cl. 😳🤪

That was close. Ball bouncing all over the Preston box. Goalkeeper scrambling. Good cross by Johnson

1 hour ago, northern boro said:

194609669_download(2).thumb.png.6c93666a2b630ef3e7ab354f3c64256b.png

Rudy starting? That should be interesting.

Fletcher just tried to improve upon last weeks efforts with an overhead kick which was saved. Called for a foul though

Poor game. We need to settle. Clear to see that we aren’t comfortable with the changes made. 

Stoke winning. Think we probably need that one to be a draw. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Poor game. We need to settle. Clear to see that we aren’t comfortable with the changes made. 

Luckily they don't seem to be comfortable with their changes either...

• Like 1

• Latest Posts

• Two scoring draws last term between the teams and always a close call before that. Forest you would expect to shrug off their poorish start and to progress, but they will also be desperate to start winning. However I would suspect Houghton will be content with a point at the Riverside but for Boro we need to start winning back to back games and I believe we will be too much for Forest and achieve a rare event of late. Maybe travelling teams will be showing a bit more respect towards us as a whole but I do think the game will be very different than seen against Coventry. Going for a home win though at start of season would have been ok with a draw  
    • Forest have so many attacking options, IF we win this it'll set a great marker for where we are heading.
    • I can see Spence dropping to the bench and one of bola or Johnson stepping in, with tav on the right. I assume that was the purpose of the subs the other night. roberts back to the bench as well perhaps.... if no akpom, I’m comfortable with Browne starting, he has done everything asked of him so far. Midfield and defence picks itself, barring injury 
    • So I've seen lots of highlights recently where both penalties and red cards were given, I thought they'd moved away from red cards if it was a penalty, or is it still a red card for being last man?
    • Hopefully Akpom is fit and if he is I would go to a 3.5.2. I would also bring Coulson in. I want him to succeed here and NW said he looked bright in training. Betti Dijk Fry Paddy Tav Howson Morsy Sav Coulson Britt Akpom I would love a win but i rate forest. Would not be too disappointed with a draw.