oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

Decent first half but we can do better and whilst Spurs are still trying to fathom out how to play without Kane we should really be taking advantage of this.

I see Mourinho went in early to put the kettle on for the boys..lol

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its mad how everything seems rosier when your club is riding a good wave.  I've just said hello to the wife for the first time in months 

Well played fellas. Draw a fair result.  No complaints. See you at our place. Any one need any advice give me a shout. 

Today was class but I'm proud to be from Boro regardless, I love the place and honestly it makes me happy to turn up to the Riverside every match day. I work down the road from the stadium and the Tra

Posted Images

Not been able to watch all of that half but from what I saw you can tell which team is the Premier outfit. We seem very sloppy with our first touch and our options get shut down quickly.

But we are still in it. And it is no where near as bad as what I was expecting when the draw was made.

We just need to push up a little more and we might snatch something.

What a change in our defensive performances since earlier in the season, have we got a new defensive coach or have the players just started to listen. We used to be all over the place, with full backs picking their noses and the cb,s left isolated. Now we operate more as a unit, keep a straight line and look forward not back, all basic stuff but what an improvement it makes to our shape

• Like 1

0-0 and a good 0-0 for us.

4 wins seems to have given us a little more confidence as you would expect. Think we may be giving Spurs too much reespect, but understandable given their standing in the Premier League compared to our current situation.

Fry has been immense there I wonder if Jose's thinking he'd be better for him than that fridge Dier hopefully not. Roberts corners look dangerous and he's lively if a little rusty my only thing with Roberts so far is he looks very left footed. Everyone's done well that half even Saville we keep it tight and it's set up for a snatch and grab on a set piece  or a Nmecha supersub debut either way I like the way we're approaching it little margins and decisions are costing us on that final moment before it can be played behind.

About what I expected.

Spurs with the lion's share of possession and looking dangerous every time they come forward...though Mejias(?) hasn't had too much to do other than collecting high balls and a few tame efforts.

Was encouraging to see Boro pose a threat from set pieces. Gazzaniga forced into a smart double save at one point.

OTOH it was frustrating to see us camping in our own penalty area for the last 5-10 minutes. You simply can't allow a team of Spurs' quality to have that much time & space to play, or they WILL hurt you.

We know Spurs can blow hot & cold. Given we've managed to frustrate them for the first half, maybe the game will open up 2nd half? Boro do need to sharpen up though - stop giving the ball away so cheaply, spread out a bit more to create passing opportunities, so the ball doesn't keep going back to the keeper.

Would like to think we can at least get a replay (suppose the extra money would help). But far from the end of the world if we lose.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, pikerman said:

What a change in our defensive performances since earlier in the season, have we got a new defensive coach or have the players just started to listen. We used to be all over the place, with full backs picking their noses and the cb,s left isolated. Now we operate more as a unit, keep a straight line and look forward not back, all basic stuff but what an improvement it makes to our shape

His name rhymes with Schmeil Mornock.

• Haha 1