oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

He didn't have great words to say about us when Aitor was sacked though, if memory serves me right.

Haha yeah did he not take a dig at Downing as our first game without AK was against his Man Utd.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its mad how everything seems rosier when your club is riding a good wave.  I've just said hello to the wife for the first time in months 

Well played fellas. Draw a fair result.  No complaints. See you at our place. Any one need any advice give me a shout. 

Today was class but I'm proud to be from Boro regardless, I love the place and honestly it makes me happy to turn up to the Riverside every match day. I work down the road from the stadium and the Tra

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Adamjr9 said:

Didn’t he come to the game against Brighton when we won 3-0 just after he was sacked by Chelsea?

Yeah he was there. Great game that.

Just arrived home and certainly for 3 generations of my family it was well worth the trip.

Good game, good football and I get to go to the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

Lads did us proud and the work ethics was first class.

MOM for me was Howson but the new lads certainly looked a step up from what we have been used to.

Joe (Blanco) was really good seeing you again with your family sorry I could not spend more time with you.

Teddy very irked that he will not be going to the replay!

• Like 6

Didn’t today make you feel immensely proud to be a Boro fan, proud of being from Middlesbrough? Proud to tell people throughout your life you’re ‘from Middlesbrough’ ?

Seeing the badges (us and spurs) on the TV, seeing more fans there, seeing Jose there, animated and desperate to beat us.

its the overriding feeling I have. Pride! Thank you Middlesbrough. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Didn’t today make you feel immensely proud to be a Boro fan, proud of being from Middlesbrough? Proud to tell people throughout your life you’re ‘from Middlesbrough’ ?

Seeing the badges (us and spurs) on the TV, seeing more fans there, seeing Jose there, animated and desperate to beat us.

Nah.

Actually, to expand on that, is this how far we've fallen in some people's eyes?

Edited by Changing Times
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1

Today was class but I'm proud to be from Boro regardless, I love the place and honestly it makes me happy to turn up to the Riverside every match day. I work down the road from the stadium and the Transporter and we can look out on both from our building and I love it, so much better than when I was working in London or Sunderland.

I had a thoroughly *** year during last season too, ended in a horrid bout of depression and the worst anxiety I've had in nearly a decade. Life turned round after 'finishing 7th was better than 5th' and I've had a bit of a belter since then and it's all coincided with this season with my first full season ticket and Woody's tenure. Win, lose or draw, it's one of the highlights of my week. Results recently have definitely added to that but I never struggle to get down the A19 from Sunderland for a game.

Days like today have an extra tinge of excitement about them admittedly, stadium is packed, fans well up for it, team putting on a good display against players twice as good as them, the only thing today was missing was the win at the end. Even the North and South finally managed to reach one another today too! It was short-lived but the Twelfth Man have been trying to do the chanting tennis match pretty much every game this season and South has never joined in. Must have been feeling good today!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 1/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, northern boro said:

13 fixtures will have VAR this weekend at Premier League grounds which means Boro v Spurs will not have VAR

And that should not be allowed to Happen,How can half of the draw have VAR the other half not,Its either used on all matches or not at all

15 hours ago, Tuns said:

Its mad how everything seems rosier when your club is riding a good wave. 

I've just said hello to the wife for the first time in months 

Couldn't get a word in edge ways hey,or taught not to interrupt ?

• Haha 1

Saville has really impressed the last couple of games, is it any coincidence that he's looked much better playing in a holding midfield 2 - as he did at Millwall - compared to when he's playing in a formation with 3/4 other centre mids?

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Brunners said:

Watching the instant replays during the game yesterday I thought it looked legit.

18 hours ago, BoroAbroad said:

Thought I saw a drop of sweat fly off .Fletchers head. So could have been ruled out if there was VAR.. Never mind. He will have it for the replay.
I also think we should have had a penalty for hand ball.

Looked very much ball to hand / arm to me, if its the one I'm thinking about (Serge Aurier).

11 hours ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Well I'm not from Smog Town, so I can't be proud about that (did live there for a while though).

But this is probably the best I've felt about being a Boro supporter since our decade-plus stay in the Prem.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Tuns said:

Its mad how everything seems rosier when your club is riding a good wave. 

I've just said hello to the wife for the first time in months 

How far apart do you live? 😂

Was fully expecting us to get tonked, but Tottenham looked poor. Especially when you consider our defensive situation. The best player on the pitch was a 31 year old midfielder standing in as a CB.

They're definitely still big favourites to progress but I'd love us to cause an even bigger upset on their home turf.

• Like 2